Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOLD
Quote | Reply
  • Trek 2016 Medium Speed Concept 7 series Frame

• custom painted by Calfee Designs to show carbon under transparent black paint. All decals removable.
    • Frame has seen miles but no issues.
    • Replaced seatpost clamp with custom carbon work to be uber secure (Trek had repeated issues with the clamp that came on this bike).
    • Custom carbon collar on seatpost to make travel and resetting saddle height a breeze.
    • Front Derailleur hanger removed because #aero (white paint shows some where it was removed) so this frame is 1x only.
  • Have original mono extensions, riser kit, bento box carbon and aluminum seatposts with round & oval rail clamps included. have fin, but one of the bolt holes is broken but still works; is fixable.
  • Aerobars/cups: 51 Speedshop FSM extensions (reversed) and cups
  • Zipp BTA bottle and Garmin computer mount (can include garmin quick release on request). Cut down because #aero
  • Wheels: 80mm gigantex clinchers w/ Sapim CX-Ray spokes. Zipp valve extenders.

• Rear hub is Powertap GS, which is a DT Swiss 240 straightpull hub. Super accurate. Includes hub cap removal tool.Tririg skewers
  • Bearings in bottom bracket, headset, wheels and pedals recently replaced.
  • SRAM AXS Red shifters and blip box
  • SRAM AXS Red rear cassette 10-33
  • SRAM AXS Force rear derailleur with Kogel pulley/wheels
  • SRAM S-900 1x crankset 165mm
  • Absolute Black 1x 50t chainring
  • 3 x PBN titanium 12s chains freshly waxed with Molten Speedwax
  • Speedplay aero pedals recently serviced
  • Will include Giant aero top tube water bottle and several Profile Design BTA bottles. Can include water bottle cages on request.
  • Continental training tires on bike. Will include Vittoria 23mm race tires with 2 used and 2 new latex tubes, extra brake pads
  • Can talk Wove saddle, but not currently included
  • Asking $1.9k for shipped continental US. Located in Boulder, CO.

• Will have packed and shipped by bike shop to ensure well packed

Email nlehecka@wovebike.com

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Mar 18, 23 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x For Sale [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
remaining images:

Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x For Sale [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$2.8k

frame and wheels basically free. cost of parts minus depreciation.

Last edited by: milesthedog: Feb 14, 23 22:25
Quote Reply
Re: FS $2.2k: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x SRAM AXS Red/Force, Powermeter, 51ss cockpit, Speedplay aero pedals, waxed chains, the works .... [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: FS $2.2k: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x SRAM AXS Red/Force, Powermeter, 51ss cockpit, Speedplay aero pedals, waxed chains, the works .... [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: FS $2.1k: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x SRAM AXS Red/Force, Powermeter, 51ss cockpit, Speedplay aero pedals, waxed chains, the works .... [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: FS $2.1k: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x SRAM AXS Red/Force, Powermeter, 51ss cockpit, Speedplay aero pedals, waxed chains, the works .... [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see any size listed. Am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: FS $2.1k: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x SRAM AXS Red/Force, Powermeter, 51ss cockpit, Speedplay aero pedals, waxed chains, the works .... [CyclinOnTheMind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CyclinOnTheMind wrote:
I don't see any size listed. Am I missing something?

Medium
In title
and 3rd word in post
Last edited by: milesthedog: Mar 15, 23 12:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You say 1x only...meaning there is no way to move back to 2x or it's just set up 1x?
Quote Reply
Re: FS $2.1k: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x SRAM AXS Red/Force, Powermeter, 51ss cockpit, Speedplay aero pedals, waxed chains, the works .... [DomerTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DomerTriGuy wrote:
You say 1x only...meaning there is no way to move back to 2x or it's just set up 1x?

FD hanger permanently removed, 1x only.
This bike is optimized for being aero and light.
I regularly rode this bike up HC and Cat 1 climbs and Snow Canyon at StG was no issue with this gearing. Can always pop a 46t or 48t chainring on, also.

No worries if a 1x bike is not for you, but I will post some great links below on 1x gearing to dispel myths about 1x not working in hilly areas:

and here is my favorite calculator for gearing:
http://yojimg.net/...b_tools/gearcalc.php

The 50 x 10-33 is both harder and easier than a classic 53 x 11-25
Last edited by: milesthedog: Mar 15, 23 18:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the area I am in, I drop imho the 39/28 ring/cog because of the hills so I'd either need to add a hanger and FD or go wide in the back with a 10-36 to compensate and then have bigger jumps.
Quote Reply
Re: FS $2.1k: 2016 Medium Trek Speed Concept 1x SRAM AXS Red/Force, Powermeter, 51ss cockpit, Speedplay aero pedals, waxed chains, the works .... [DomerTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DomerTriGuy wrote:
In the area I am in, I drop imho the 39/28 ring/cog because of the hills so I'd either need to add a hanger and FD or go wide in the back with a 10-36 to compensate and then have bigger jumps.

Yes, this is the Force RD so it can handle a 36t, or you can put a 48t on the front. (and you can add a Wolftooth mountain goal RD hanger to go bigger than 36t rear cassette). I like 1x and understand it's not for everyone. I ride a 46 x 9-39t for my road bike but I also recognize that I have an unfair 100w FTP boost due to riding my own saddles, jk.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will paste some emailed responses below:

Quick breakdown of the msrp of the frame, wheels, parts an FYI:

Reason for selling?

I'm not planning to race this year and so it's a good time to sell it. If I were racing, there's no way I'd sell it. It's very fast bike and there's nothing wrong with it for racing and training. It's seen some miles, but that's also why the listed price basically doesn't include the frame or wheels, which have worn but fine braking tracks. I train with local pros and the bike is fast.

I'm also putting a lot of my own cash into getting my company up and going and that means the price of races are just not reasonable right now, so it's a good time to sell this bike rather than having it collect dust this summer and while it has a reasonable re-sell value. My friends don't want me to sell it because they want to TT together, but here goes.

Honesty, you could toss the wheels and frame in the garbage and it's still a good deal. I mean, race this speed demon of a bike for a year, buy a disc TT frame and toss this drivetrain on next year...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Final price drop: $1.9k

Quote Reply