Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2016 Cervelo P2 (ready to race) 56 CM - Ready to sell this. (Price Drop)
Quote | Reply
56 CM
105 Groupset

I rode this bike in IM Louisville in 2017. It's been inside my home (game room), since. I just don't see me riding it any more. I'd like some input on a price to sell it. I'll list it, after I get a feel for what it's worth. I'm not unrealistic, but I'd like to recoup a fair portion of the investment.

There are many extras on the bike. I'll list what I can remember, but there may be more I don't (remember). I had a full checkup done on it before the race, and it performed flawlessly. It's been a while since I was involved with the nomenclature, so excuse my descriptions :). If you can't see something in the photo and want me to take a shot for you, drop me a private message.

Cobb Saddle (I have the OEM saddle that I will ship with bike)
Probably have an extra cassette or two (with accompanying chains)
FLO race wheels, as shown. I forget the depth, but I "think" they're 60/30?? I also have the trainers that came on it.
Stages PM
X-Lab Delta 400 Double with flat kit. I think this was about $400??
X-Lab Torpedo front hydration
LOOK Pedals
Bento??
Down tube hydration holder??

I have extra tubes, tires, cassette or two...etc. I might entertain an offer of less, but the first $2,200 takes everything (+ actual shipping from my bike shop).

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by: nc452010: Sep 8, 23 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2C (ready to race) 56 CM - Need pricing help. [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't they stop making the P2C in 2013?

Pictures would help, btw.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2C (ready to race) 56 CM - Need pricing help. [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just paid $1400 for a similar set up 2013 p3 cross listed on EBay/FB Tri group, speed play pedals, HED race wheels etc

There is a P3 similar set up but no race wheels for sale here in the classified for $900

Usually P3s sell for more than P2s
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2C (ready to race) 56 CM - Need pricing help. [jacob2727] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photo added
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2C (ready to race) 56 CM - Need pricing help. [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
I just paid $1400 for a similar set up 2013 p3 cross listed on EBay/FB Tri group, speed play pedals, HED race wheels etc

There is a P3 similar set up but no race wheels for sale here in the classified for $900

Worth noting Cervelo redesigned the P2 and P3 frames in 2014. Prior to that, the P2 and P3 had different frames. The P3 was more aerodynamic in addition to having a lower stack. However starting in 2014 the P2 and P3 are the same frame with the only difference being what fork, groupset and wheels Cervelo sold it with. As mentioned above, Cervelo stopped adding “c” their frames years before 2016 since the c stood for carbon to differentiate it from their aluminum tri bikes. Since they no longer make aluminum bikes they don’t need to make that differentiation any more

The P3 you purchased and the P3 selling for $900 in the classifieds is the older model. The P2 that is listed above is the newer model. It has wider wheel/clearance, more mounting options, and a few other small changes (including a higher stack height). It’s also likely a faster though I don’t believe Cervelo released specific numbers. A 2014 and beyond P2 should sell for more than a pre-2014 P3 with similar components.

To the OP: the best place to start is go to eBay and search the completed listings to see what other P2’s (model year 2014 and beyond) have sold for

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2C (ready to race) 56 CM - Need pricing help. [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I kindly disagree

The pre 2913 with threaded bottom bracket test as good or faster than post 2013

Look at posts by Jens, rroof and others

I have the bike above

I also have 2 pre 2913 p3s and am looking for a 56cm P3 frame pre 2013
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2C (ready to race) 56 CM - Need pricing help. [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2008 P3C is one of my favorite bikes of all time. I’d jump on a frame set in a heartbeat as a fun project bike. That said, in order for jens to get his P3C to test faster than the newer frame was to change the P3C to 1x and switch to a very narrow (and not super widely available) q-factor crankset. This isn’t a realistic option for most people. But I digress and will stop commandeering the op’s attempt to sell a nice bike

Matt
Last edited by: Chemist: Feb 12, 23 21:29
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2 (ready to race) 56 CM - Ready to sell this. [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just added price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:

You messaged me privately and told me about all the great p3’s you could find cheaper than one I was selling on here…which by the way was absolutely not true. Mine was a 1-owner, meticulously maintained 2012…with shimano 11-speed…all dura ace but the RD being ultegra. Every 2011-12 p3 you can find on ebay is more than I ended up asking…and I also routinely look at Craigslist and pink bike…as I love these frames but want a 58 instead of a 56…

Why do you continually chime in on these posts to blast someone’s price and then compare to some great buy you made? Truth be told I ended up selling my bike with aluminum training wheels for $1500…when you said the frame itself wasn’t worth $850…good call there Mr tri

Unless you are actually interested in buying…leave it alone…the seller will figure out if it’s priced incorrectly…and you never know what someone will pay until you ask. Any bike or product on here is worth whatever the actual buyer pays for it…
Last edited by: zooropa: Aug 18, 23 17:02
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2 (ready to race) 56 CM - Ready to sell this. [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price reduced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The wheels pictured are deeper than that, I would say 60/90. Also, agree that your pricing is too high. I just brought a 2014 Cervelo P5 with DI2 and Enve 7.8 wheels for less than two thousand. I would say yours would be in the fifteen hundred range.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Cervelo P2 (ready to race) 56 CM - Ready to sell this. [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the bike you bought have all the extras I'm selling with the bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. That is a good point. Add a couple hundred at least.
Quote Reply