Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Could the US Ban Leaded Gasoline Today?
Quote | Reply
Was thinking about this, partly due to the whole gas stove nonsense. I don’t believe that the US could today ban* leaded gasoline like they in the past. No way Republicans would allow it. Republicans would totally fight tooth and nail an obvious thing that would be good for the health of everyone, because some people would want to keep it.

It is just really sad and scary.

*yes I know it is not totally banned and currently used for general aviation and some off road purposes, more talking about 99.99% of its use.
Quote Reply
Re: Could the US Ban Leaded Gasoline Today? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't believe the GOP in Congress is capable of doing anything other than making asses out of themselves, playing the victim, lying, and sweeping scandalous behavior under the rug.

They don't give a shit about anything beyond getting re-elected and the idiots in their district don't care about anything beyond the fact that they don't have a D next to their name.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Could the US Ban Leaded Gasoline Today? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Was thinking about this, partly due to the whole gas stove nonsense.

Ban soda? Ban selling high carb foods? That would save lives and improve them also. I'm pulling a DeGrasse Tyson there "so you want to do this, but you won't do that to something that really matters".

I just don't think this is a "ban it" situation the left needs to die on the cross for and do NOT think it is a "leaded gas" situation. You have commercial kitchens that should have code/osha standards for ventilation for health effects. At homes, you're probably using the thing for a total of maybe an hour or two a week. At most, knowing most American's eat-out habits. Even then, building code for the vents.

Not the same thing, at all.

But, I will agree that today you couldn't ban leaded gas through congress. But, I do not accept the gas stove comment parallel.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Could the US Ban Leaded Gasoline Today? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Righties are now upset because XBox has added a power saving feature (which users are free to turn off if they don't like it).

MICROSOFT IS INDOCTRINATING KIDS INTO BELIEVING CLIMATE LIES!!!

I am not even making this shit up. It's fucking absurd at this point.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Could the US Ban Leaded Gasoline Today? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Righties are now upset because XBox has added a power saving feature (which users are free to turn off if they don't like it).

MICROSOFT IS INDOCTRINATING KIDS INTO BELIEVING CLIMATE LIES!!!

I am not even making this shit up. It's fucking absurd at this point.

trump's legacy is turning the GOP in a group of whiny little victims who are easily triggered and need attention... just like him.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Could the US Ban Leaded Gasoline Today? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

I just don't think this is a "ban it" situation the left needs to die on the cross for and do NOT think it is a "leaded gas" situation. You have commercial kitchens that should have code/osha standards for ventilation for health effects. At homes, you're probably using the thing for a total of maybe an hour or two a week. At most, knowing most American's eat-out habits. Even then, building code for the vents.

Not the same thing, at all.

But, I will agree that today you couldn't ban leaded gas through congress. But, I do not accept the gas stove comment parallel.

Building codes for Vents?? not in Michigan. Induction is better stove top anyhow.

Don't know who you hang with, but most I know use there stove for 30 min to an hour every day. Especially families with young kids.

Yes we still can't get it out of Aviation fuel, even though there a ton's of data and studies that show it is totally unneeded.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply