Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Am I the only one who wants to know the joke?

What was it?

I’m thinking your parents need to lighten up! (Respectfully).

It wasn't, in retrospect, that funny, and it wasn't really a joke. It was MLK day, and one radio announcer said "It's MLK day" and the other said "I thought it was milk day. That looks like milk." I chuckled - not hugely funny, but not un-funny. Parents thought it was disrespectful. I don't disagree, but it being disrespectful doesn't mean I don't find it mildly funny.

Brain adds the vowels if you see it on paper quickly…. I get it.

As silly as a radio host that does a bit….

They say to use the word penis, so they can take the “power” out of it. Then, they just start saying Penis a lot.

Dumb and makes me laugh anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dry.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw this online and it's pretty accurate for me

"You're so funny!"
"Thanks. It's the trauma"

What's the idiom? Comedy = Tragedy + Time

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm all over the map but I really don't like slapstick. I never understood the humor with the Three Stooges. Yes, when you see someone fall, it's funny because it was unexpected, there is nothing unexpected about guys constantly hitting each other. Now Abbott and Costello were funny, so were Hudson and Landry.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Dry.

You make your jokes like you make your women. Points for consistency.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am way too sarcastic. People have a hard time distinguishing my genuine jokes from my heartfelt insults.

I'm not big on slapstick and stupid humor (Dumb and Dumber type). Dark humor, insult humor, sacrilegious, British comics tend to crack me up, Denis Leary standup was fantastic, ...

I am nearly impossible to offend either with a joke or when someone actually means tp insult me, my line is always, "How can I be offended? Your opinion doesn't mean enough to me to be offended."

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
You make your jokes like you make your women.

I like my women like I like my coffee: ground up and in the freezer.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Type nerd joke

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think largely it depends on the mood you’re in and the audience you share it with. It’s best when you can totally free your mind (perhaps when you’re physically exhausted) and just not care about anything. Other times you can find the same routine not that funny at all. Or worse, you talk something up then watch it with someone and stress over whether they are enjoying it.

We had a ‘local’ Irish guy who was popular in the 90’s and my uni mates and I loved him. I went with a much younger colleague perhaps 20 yrs later and it was obviously not the same. I guess I was trying to recapture the good times. I did like one simple joke the guy had where he would explain how he liked trying to find the ‘funny spot’ on stages when he travelled. Then he would just tip toe around the floor and look up at the audience for reactions. It was all done with facial expressions; ‘here?’, shake of the head and continue Vs ‘ah hah!’, then push down with his toe as he looked up with a grin. It was so effective, particularly when he would return to the spot during the show.

I like pranks. Particularly scaring colleagues or family. Many moons ago the (similarly childish) lead drafter and I would frequently stay late to complete a project I was PM on. It was a large open plan office that was really dark. Lost count of the times we would commando crawl to grab the others ankles under the desk or wait outside the toilet doors. Perhaps it was a stress release. My kids enjoy pranking me back. Their mom hated it.

Regardless of taste, everyone needs to have a really good, uncontrollable laugh every now and then.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I think largely it depends on the mood you’re in and the audience you share it with. It’s best when you can totally free your mind (perhaps when you’re physically exhausted) and just not care about anything. Other times you can find the same routine not that funny at all. Or worse, you talk something up then watch it with someone and stress over whether they are enjoying it.

We had a ‘local’ Irish guy who was popular in the 90’s and my uni mates and I loved him. I went with a much younger colleague perhaps 20 yrs later and it was obviously not the same. I guess I was trying to recapture the good times. I did like one simple joke the guy had where he would explain how he liked trying to find the ‘funny spot’ on stages when he travelled. Then he would just tip toe around the floor and look up at the audience for reactions. It was all done with facial expressions; ‘here?’, shake of the head and continue Vs ‘ah hah!’, then push down with his toe as he looked up with a grin. It was so effective, particularly when he would return to the spot during the show.

I like pranks. Particularly scaring colleagues or family. Many moons ago the (similarly childish) lead drafter and I would frequently stay late to complete a project I was PM on. It was a large open plan office that was really dark. Lost count of the times we would commando crawl to grab the others ankles under the desk or wait outside the toilet doors. Perhaps it was a stress release. My kids enjoy pranking me back. Their mom hated it.

Regardless of taste, everyone needs to have a really good, uncontrollable laugh every now and then.

you know how if you get really, really exhausted, very small things become ridiculously funny? I love that state.

I agree with a really good, uncontrollable laugh. The last time I got that was watching the "zebra" episode of RAKE, Season 5, which was like a month ago. I want another really good laugh!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

you know how if you get really, really exhausted, very small things become ridiculously funny? I love that state.

I agree with a really good, uncontrollable laugh. The last time I got that was watching the "zebra" episode of RAKE, Season 5, which was like a month ago. I want another really good laugh!

You and I are twinsies.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

You and I are twinsies.

not to be all sappy, but <3

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like my humor like I like my coffee..........dark and involving child labor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

You and I are twinsies.

not to be all sappy, but <3

💙
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m guessing your parents might not appreciate this iteration of Weekend Update?

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=YWJhMjlhZTc=

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
probably not
I love weekend update :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That was SO MUCH me as a kid [and still]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C&H and The Far Side are simply pinnacle cartoons.

Eliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:

Bloom County was pretty damn good as well.

Check out B. Kliban as well - a bit twisted, but some seriously funny stuff...

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's your sense of humor like? [TiDriver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TiDriver wrote:
renorider wrote:

Bloom County was pretty damn good as well.

Indeed; loved it. Picking hairs, but I always felt like it was half a tier below C&H and Far Side; maybe it wasn't quite as able to cross generations as the others. To be fair, I did have a Bloom County t-shirt that I wore til it was in tatters. There's even an LR denizen named after it!

Eliot
Quote Reply

Prev Next