Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WANTED: OLD SCHOOL PARTS !!!!
Quote | Reply
I am looking for parts from the late 80's, early nineties to hang on my (new) Nishiki Beta NFS frame.

Campy C-Record, MAVIC 3G, 8sp Gripshifters (!!!), stuff like that.

I know eBay will have some; just wanted to see if any of you want to unload some older parts.

Ken

Quote | Reply
I will have to look but I am pretty sure I have used C-Record crankset w/square taper, english threaded bottom bracket, seat post, and front and rear deraileurs from one of my old race bikes sitting in bubble wrap in the parts bin at home.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED: OLD SCHOOL PARTS !!!! [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, please take a look and snap some pictures of the components. My email is ken_enright@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Ken

Quote | Reply
mavic 3G....dude...that would be a steal..rarer than hens teeth and those that have 'em don't want to sell 'em. Did you know you can convert the rear hub to make it work with cassettes? Versatility extraordinaire. Wish I still had my set. We're gonna need to see this build once she's done you know that right?
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED: OLD SCHOOL PARTS !!!! [Kenright] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe I've a set of NOS 8spd Gripshift shifters set. Let me dig them up...

How much do you want to pay for them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there is a 3g on ebay
Quote Reply
Re: WANTED: OLD SCHOOL PARTS !!!! [Kwantani] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cassettes??? Maybe =) I have just received a brand new, old stock, Sachs 8 speed freewheel. That will go on the Centurion next week. Also for the Centurion is a J-Disk rear wheel, and I am working on getting a front/rear set of J-Disks.

Of course I will post pictures; first to be up will be the Centurion. By summer the Nishiki should be ready for unveiling.

And for the Gripshift, how does $50 sound?

Ken

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
there is a 3g on ebay
Oh, that is so mine. Wishful thinking right?? Thanks for the heads-up !!

Last edited by: Kenright: Apr 18, 06 19:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, today is your lucky day!! Go to chucksbikes.com I just noticed they have 8 sp gripshift - $12.50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a set of campy cranks 170mm square a set of campy hubs in the box and maybe a very old campy derailer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes, please take a look and snap some pictures of the components.
I will try to remeber that tonight while I futz around in the garage trying to remove my FSA SLK crankset from my TT bike (allen head on crank bolt is stripped).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Yes, please take a look and snap some pictures of the components.
I will try to remeber that tonight while I futz around in the garage trying to remove my FSA SLK crankset from my TT bike (allen head on crank bolt is stripped).
Michael, any luck with those components?

Quote | Reply
Sorry - completely slipped my mind as I have had quite a bit of trouble getting the FSA crank off of my TT bike last 2-nights - got to return to FSA for warranty after the crank arm came loose as a result of the alloy crank bolt getting stripped somehow. We are heading out of town shortly for a stage race but I promise to get you shome shots of the parts when I get back on Sunday.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you are going old school - yellow jersey has a kestrel 4000 NOS...

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sorry - completely slipped my mind as I have had quite a bit of trouble getting the FSA crank off of my TT bike last 2-nights - got to return to FSA for warranty after the crank arm came loose as a result of the alloy crank bolt getting stripped somehow. We are heading out of town shortly for a stage race but I promise to get you shome shots of the parts when I get back on Sunday.
No worries. Thanks and good luck at your race !!

Quote | Reply
I do not think you are going to want these parts. I took the parts out of the bubble wrap to take some digital pics and immediately realized why these did not get sold with the race bike they had once been installed on - the rear deraileur and cranks have a lot of etching/scratches from crashes in two races (crit and mountain descent in Colorado). I am thinking that both can improved with some work with a dremel but unsure of whether or not the exterior is annodized or simply polished so the dremel may make it worse. I can take pictures if you like but seems to me that there are probably pristine examples to be found on ebay and the like and in my opinion, the parts I have will require a bit of work to get back to good condition.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update Michael. Are they in good mechanical condition; can parts be salvaged from the derailleurs for backup parts? If you were to let them go, what would you want for the set? There are some pristine examples on eBay; however the prices are not consistent. One auction will be sky high, while another one will not. Of course I find the sky high priced auction. So, it's very hit-or-miss right now.

On a good note, I did win the auction for the 3G, so I should see that sometime next week.

Quote | Reply
OK, I won a 3G and a C Record rear derailleur.

Anyone have some Delta brakes ?? :)