Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: With road tubeless, what do you carry with you as far as spares/repair? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me (I'm cautious by nature and would rather be prepared for the sake of 50-100g of stuff on a ride, than have the embarrassment and shame of having to phone anyone to get a car ride home.)

- dynaplug racer (in the top tube bag and V quickly available if needed - sodall use if its buried).

+
- 2x CO2 cylinders + a small inflator valve.
Tyre lever (Pedro's, as they work).
- 2 butyl tubes.
- small multi-tool
All in a small under-the-saddle bag.

Why are Dynaplugs pricier than other stuff? I assume it's because they are USA made, by American tax paying adults, not cheap Asian stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: With road tubeless, what do you carry with you as far as spares/repair? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
I’ve never used tubeless, is it still possible to put a tube in like a regular clincher if you get a flat?

I am considering switching as some people say they result in less flats and I have terrible luck with flats.

I'm still on tubed (latex) clincher tires (Conti GP5000's)

In the past 10 years and a moderate amount of riding, I have had only 2 instances of double flats where when the one spare butyl tube and CO2 I do have with is used, and I am SOL! In one instance was a few years ago I did call my wife (she's also a reasonably serious rider - so understanding, and came and got me) the other was on a ride longer ride and I was about 10K from home, wife NOT available, I just called an Uber.

We each get 1 - 3 on-the-road flats in a typical year of riding. Make the change on the road, and just keep going!

this is me...

if I need to carry a tube with tubeless then I don't see the point to use tubeless - tire high presure is also an issue with road tires and def not like riding gravel.

on my gravel bike I carry 2 CO2, dynaplugs and darts that is it. (I have had a few gravel flats and that has worked great)

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: With road tubeless, what do you carry with you as far as spares/repair? [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On road rides and fast gravel rides, I carry a double-sided Dynaplug racer in left jersey pocket. It's always in the same place if I need it. I use a Silca Mattone on all of my road bikes, in there I've got the same setup: 1 butyl tube with long enough valve stem for the wheels, 2 16g generic CO2 cartridges, 1 PNW Shiny Object inflator, 1 multitool, two spare Dynaplugs. It's worth noting that in five years of using tubeless setups on the road, I've never used any of this stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: With road tubeless, what do you carry with you as far as spares/repair? [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
For me (I'm cautious by nature and would rather be prepared for the sake of 50-100g of stuff on a ride, than have the embarrassment and shame of having to phone anyone to get a car ride home.)

- dynaplug racer (in the top tube bag and V quickly available if needed - sodall use if its buried).

+
- 2x CO2 cylinders + a small inflator valve.
Tyre lever (Pedro's, as they work).
- 2 butyl tubes.
- small multi-tool
All in a small under-the-saddle bag.

Why are Dynaplugs pricier than other stuff? I assume it's because they are USA made, by American tax paying adults, not cheap Asian stuff.
ok then why not
https://tannusamerica.com/...tannus-airless-tires
Quote Reply
Re: With road tubeless, what do you carry with you as far as spares/repair? [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you guys use STANs as the sealant. How often to you add and/or replace sealant? I use that on my Mtn bike but not sure if the same is commonly used on road bikes. On the Mtn bike I usually add some sealant around once/twice per year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next