Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka Arahi or Gaviota Feedback
Quote | Reply
Any stability shoe wearing people use the Hoka Arahi or Gaviota and have any reviews? Like? Dislike? Any other shoes you are wearing and like? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Arahi or Gaviota Feedback [Nerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
Any stability shoe wearing people use the Hoka Arahi or Gaviota and have any reviews? Like? Dislike? Any other shoes you are wearing and like? Thanks in advance.

The Arhai is very Clifton like. The Gaviota has a beefier feeling pronation wedge. I found that I could feel that when I was in the shoe where as the Arhai I didn't feel it.

I think if you try the Saucony Tempus or Brooks Glycerin GTS you'll also be happy. About 80% of the time when I fit athletes to shoes, they choose those over either of the Hokas. That ranges from beginner runners to national class runners and even a few pro triathletes.

Another shoe to try would be the NB Vongo if you like that beefy pronation wedge feeling. The Vongo feels great on the whole.

Hope that helps.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with Brian. We have many that have tried both the Arahi and the Gaviota and walked away. Neither one is one you'd want to run in IMO. Tempus, Glycerin GTS and I'd add perhaps the Endorphin Shift 3 to the mix.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Arahi or Gaviota Feedback [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate the feedback. I'm currently in the Glycerin GTS and they have done the job, so I will probably buy another pair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:
Appreciate the feedback. I'm currently in the Glycerin GTS and they have done the job, so I will probably buy another pair.

Honestly it's hard to beat the Glycerin GTS 20 with the DNA Loft 3 foam. IMO this is Brooks best stability shoe and the Glycerin 20 is their best neutral shoe. it's worth the $20 higher price point compared to the Adrenaline/Ghost line

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have run in the Arahi for the past few years due to having Hallux Rigidus in both of my big toes. They do the job for me since I need stability and cushion to avoid any further damage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in the Beast, Adrenaline GTS, Glycerin GTS, Arahi 2, Arahi 5, and Gaviota.

I hated the Gaviota compared to the Brooks Beast.

The Arahi 2 was ok with the Arahi 5 being good. I think the Arahi 5 is on par with the Glycerin GTS 19 and I'd just buy which ever one you can get a better deal on.

The Adrenaline GTS definitely feels harder than the Glycerin GTS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
favorite everyday stability shoes right now: Glycerin GTS & Diadora Mythose Blushield Vigore. Been impressed with the Diadora.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been running in the Arahi since 2019. Super happy with. I rotate back and forth between that and the Saucony Omni. I definitely need the support and have been injury free for a long time with this combo of shoes. About 5 years ago I experimented by rotating in a shoe with less stability from both the Hoka and the Saucony line ups and ended up with lower leg problems. If I had to pick just one I like the feel of the Arahi better (and it's lighter) although I have have been in the Omni for at least 20 years now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the Arahi and did not like the support or feel of the shoe. I am currently in the Glycerin CTS and like the feel and support.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nerd wrote:

I would also look at the Saucony Tempus as it is a daily trainer that is a light, quick stability shoe (fyi- i have both)
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Arahi or Gaviota Feedback [gienopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gienopes wrote:
I have been running in the Arahi since 2019. Super happy with. I rotate back and forth between that and the Saucony Omni. I definitely need the support and have been injury free for a long time with this combo of shoes.

If you wanted a snappier feeling shoe that has that beefy medial wedge, a lot of support and cushion like the Omni, try the NB Vongo.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply