Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The latest in the culture wars [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not one to normally turn on the hood fan. What I would like is an automatic switch so that every time I turn on the gas the fan turns on low. That and a fan that isn’t so loud I have to yell over it.
Quote Reply
Re: The latest in the culture wars [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the middle of a home Reno that includes our kitchen. We are going dual fuel: gas cooktop and electric oven.

And a 1000 cfm hood fan. Its so strong it will suck not only the odors and combustion byproducts away, but potentially the steak you are cooking too.

I use the hood fan every time I cook, even with electric. Just force of habit. It's not good to expose adjacent cabinets to a steam/grease bath every time you cook.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: The latest in the culture wars [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stolen from Twitter: Good thing today's GOP wasn't in charge when we discovered asbestos was bad.

Available from Desantis' website:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the Biden admin could to a lot of good by proposing to ban brining a plugged in toaster into a bath with you.
Quote Reply
Re: The latest in the culture wars [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
I think the Biden admin could to a lot of good by proposing to ban brining a plugged in toaster into a bath with you.

Nanny state.
Quote Reply
Re: The latest in the culture wars [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

They would.

But repubs will still push back: "you can come take my toaster from my cold, wet, and electrocuted hands ... "

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just read a good WaPo article on Richard Trumka Jr. who warned that gas ranges could harm children’s health. He seems like a cool, quiet-but-intense guy.

When asked about some people’s anger over talk of regulating gas stoves, Trumka spoke of information reverberating in unexpected ways.

“When you learn upsetting new information about something you’ve been around for a long time — maybe your whole life — you can never predict people’s reactions,” he said. “And there is going to be justifiable anger, and sometimes it’s misdirected.”

Both of Trumka’s grandfathers were miners from southwestern Pennsylvania, and both men died of black lung disease, which is caused by inhaling toxic coal and silica dust in underground mines. No one had warned them about the dangers of black lung, much less taught them how to protect themselves.

“They could have been bitter and complained about the years of their life that they lost or the pain that they went through,” Trumka said. “But they weren’t. They were hopeful, and they cared about the power of information. They knew that if they talked about this [disease], they could help the next generation of miners be safer and healthier.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...war-over-gas-stoves/
Quote Reply

Prev Next