Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: LR New Year's Resolutions/Intentions/goals/etc thread [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Barks&Purrs wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
7/7

Down 2 pounds after a week. Shooting for a pound a week, leaves a lot of wiggle room to lose 30-40 pounds this year.

What are you doing to achieve this goal?

Eating less, upping time on the trainer and hitting the gym more.

Anything measurable? Like removing 100 calories or adding 10 minutes or 20 push ups a day?

ETA: driving home, I passed a SUPER DE DUPER cute guy running along. Triathlete, blond hair in pony tail, white cap, gray shorts, multi color shirt. Know him? He was cruising down Espola & looked like a pro. Made me happy. If anyone wonders if they should exercise today, the answer is YES! You have no idea who you will inspire. Go get it, Tiger!

I exercise in my basement. While trying really hard to ignore my children that love to hang out and talk to me/yell while I'm dying on the Zwift hills.

I'm an inspiration to no one.

Your kids are probably more inspired by you than you’ll ever know. AND you’ll be a hot mama when you’re exercising outside again. Yay for healthy habits!
Last edited by: Barks&Purrs: Jan 11, 23 13:48
Quote Reply
Re: LR New Year's Resolutions/Intentions/goals/etc thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
12/12

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: LR New Year's Resolutions/Intentions/goals/etc thread [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good for you, inching closer to habit . . .
Quote Reply
Re: LR New Year's Resolutions/Intentions/goals/etc thread [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks; I had a bunch of days in a row prior to 1/1 so it's actually more than 12 in a row! Likely at "habit" now, need to look in my calendar (I put stickers for healthy coping days because I'm a child like that). It's still hard some days but I am doing it!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
13/13

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rough day yesterday but I got through it, 14/14

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
17/17

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay! One more sticker!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had two days that I'd give myself a B or B+ on using healthy coping skills instead of an A, but I'm hanging in there :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick your sticker!

Quote Reply
Re: LR New Year's Resolutions/Intentions/goals/etc thread [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
top row third from left

Quote Reply
Re: LR New Year's Resolutions/Intentions/goals/etc thread [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Jan 1 = 1 push up
Jan 2 = 2 push ups etc

2 rest days allowed per week (I found the lack of rest days last year put me close to injury around the 60-70 day mark)

I'm doing this one too.

I didn't do it last year, but did 30 a day most days (averaged 6-6.5 days a week).

I haven't done a rest day as I hadn't thought that far ahead. Maybe towards the end of next month I'll learn from you and add in one in. Maybe two in March/April.

I'm more curious to see if what the difference is between the two years.

I've got to work some pullups in too.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: LR New Year's Resolutions/Intentions/goals/etc thread [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Submitted a poem to a competition this morning.

ironclm wrote:
a) “Be a disciple of discipline.” Thanks David Goggons.

b) I prefer to think of goals rather than resolutions.

c) if you sit goals in the future than January 2 is just another day on the way to fulfilling those goals.

d) Check back later this year.

Goals:

Write more poems and edit the good ones I’ve written to have enough to submit to a poetry competition.

Finish the gravel bike races that I’ve entered.

Read 30 books.

Get back s/b/r training and do a triathlon.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
January: 30/31 good days, though two of them were sort of "B" instead of "A" on the healthy coping skills

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
January: 30/31 good days, though two of them were sort of "B" instead of "A" on the healthy coping skills

Five weeks and I'm down 5 lbs, didn't think there was any way I'd hit the target this week but I did.
Quote Reply
Re: LR New Year's Resolutions/Intentions/goals/etc thread [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:

Write more poems and edit the good ones I’ve written to have enough to submit to a poetry competition.

Just submitted 4 poems to a literary journal and another one to a writing contest sponsored by the writing collective here.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I'm 14/15 this month!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't been doing super awesome lately - not terrible but not awesome - and want to get back on "awesome".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I haven't been doing super awesome lately - not terrible but not awesome - and want to get back on "awesome".

I'm still in basketball season so not a lot of time for other things. However, I did get a new mountain bike and have been out on that, but a wreck a week ago bruised my ribs so now that's healing. Per the other thread, things like this are how I discovered I'm old.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

I feel like in general, it's a tough time of year.

Hang in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
a) “Be a disciple of discipline.” Thanks David Goggons.

b) I prefer to think of goals rather than resolutions.

c) if you sit goals in the future than January 2 is just another day on the way to fulfilling those goals.

d) Check back later this year.

Goals:

Write more poems and edit the good ones I’ve written to have enough to submit to a poetry competition. YES! SUBMITTED AND MY INSTRUCTOR IS CURRENTLY REVIEWING.

Finish the gravel bike races that I’ve entered. NO. HAD SOME ISSUES WHICH CAUSED A HUGE CUT BACK IN TRAINING. PUTTING THIS BACK ON THE LIST FOR 2024.

Read 30 books. READ 23.

Get back s/b/r training and do a triathlon. SEE COMMENTS ABOVE RE GRAVEL. ON LIST FOR 2024.

Word for 2024 = REGAIN (fitness, balance, fun)

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply

Prev Next