Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

'22-'23 College Hoops
Quote | Reply
How is your team looking?

UVA is back. Already taken down Baylor, Illinois, and Juwan Howard's goon squad last night (on the road). Hunter Dickinson probably committed 25 fouls over the course of the game.

I think this topic has been discussed before, but is there a more unlikeable football/basketball coaching duo in D1 than Harbaugh and Howard?

Anyway, so pumped that college basketball is back. Can't wait for conference season to begin.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: '22-'23 College Hoops [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
is there a more unlikeable football/basketball coaching duo in D1 than Harbaugh and Howard?

Hugh Freeze and Bruce Pearl
Quote Reply
Re: '22-'23 College Hoops [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
jepvb wrote:
is there a more unlikeable football/basketball coaching duo in D1 than Harbaugh and Howard?

Good one, but still not as bad as Michigan. They are both slimy, but Pearl is sorta likeable in a goofball kind of way.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
windywave wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Good one, but still not as bad as Michigan. They are both slimy, but Pearl is sorta likeable in a goofball kind of way.

Pearl is worse than Freeze
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
windywave wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Pearl was the coach of my schools team in the early 2000’s. That is one slimy dude whose moral compass needs to be recalibrated. Never liked the guy and from everything I have heard just should not be coaching college sports.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:

UVA is back. Already taken down Baylor, Illinois, and Juwan Howard's goon squad last night (on the road). Hunter Dickinson probably committed 25 fouls over the course of the game.

I think this topic has been discussed before, but is there a more unlikeable football/basketball coaching duo in D1 than Harbaugh and Howard?

Anyway, so pumped that college basketball is back. Can't wait for conference season to begin.

Hunter Dickinson should have been charged with attempted murder last night, instead they called the foul on the guy bleeding from his mouth.

Spartans have been playing above expectations against a brutal schedule but some of the teams they've beaten have turned out to not be that good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Syracuse Orange are going to suck this year.

They just got blown out of the arena by Illinois and also lost to perennial national championship contenders like Colgate University and Bryant University.

When does lacrosse season start?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: '22-'23 College Hoops [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

They just got blown out of the arena by Illinois and also lost to perennial national championship contenders like Colgate University and Bryant University.

So you can lose to Johns Hopkins and UVA?
Quote Reply
Re: '22-'23 College Hoops [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Hunter Dickinson should have been charged with attempted murder last night, instead they called the foul on the guy bleeding from his mouth.

Spartans have been playing above expectations against a brutal schedule but some of the teams they've beaten have turned out to not be that good.

Tony Bennett is truly a saint. If I were in his shoes I would've been ripping my shirt off and throwing chairs. Our center is on the bench bleeding from his mouth, and the refs (who actually reviewed the play) still called the foul on him. I guess his face fouled Dickinson's swinging elbow.

Didn't matter, Bennett coached circles around Howard in second half, and they couldn't match UVA's toughness. Thanks for the win a-holes.

Surprised MSU wasn't pre-season Top 25 just based on Izzo.

Last edited by: jepvb: Nov 30, 22 7:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Boeheim needs to hang it up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:

Surprised MSU wasn't pre-season Top 25 just based on Izzo.

We lost a ton off last year's mediocre team. Thankfully some of our players have shown significant improvement over last year. Now we just need to get healthy. We were already really thin and have two players out with foot injuries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

So you can lose to Johns Hopkins and UVA?

That's better than losing to Colgate and Bryant in basketball. At least JH and UVA are among the best Div I lax teams in the country. For the record, Syracuse sucked at lacrosse last year too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alabama beat North Carolina this weekend and is ranked #11. Good start to the season, 6-1. Big game against #1 Houston in 10 days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Boeheim needs to hang it up.

Agreed. He reached his expiration date about five years ago. Haven't had a 20 win season since '18-'19 season. He can't recruit for shit anymore. It's amazing that as the historically marquee Div I basketball program in NY state that he can't get top talent from the NYC area. It's just a tough go in the ACC against the likes of Duke, UNC, and UVA.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Making the Sweet 16 in '21 was a 2-5 year setback.
Quote Reply
Re: '22-'23 College Hoops [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
jepvb wrote:
windywave wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Pearl was the coach of my schools team in the early 2000’s. That is one slimy dude whose moral compass needs to be recalibrated. Never liked the guy and from everything I have heard just should not be coaching college sports.

My school must have hired him away from yours, assuming UW-Milwaukee. I liked him as a coach, and he brought our program back to prominence, but he also landed us on brief probation and got himself a show cause from the NCAA. Really shady guy and I’m glad my university isn’t associated with him any longer.
Quote Reply
Re: '22-'23 College Hoops [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once my Jayhawks get past some growing pains they will be just fine. In fact, I could see them going back to back.
Quote Reply
Re: '22-'23 College Hoops [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
Once my Jayhawks get past some growing pains they will be just fine. In fact, I could see them going back to back.

Just waiting for the checks to clear for this year's freshmen?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, you are thinking of Duke.

You need to checkout which programs get all the 5 star recruits every year. KU is never at the top of the recruiting totem poll.
Quote Reply
Re: '22-'23 College Hoops [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
Sorry, you are thinking of Duke.

You need to checkout which programs get all the 5 star recruits every year. KU is never at the top of the recruiting totem poll.

Didn't Self just serve a suspension?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
SWEDE63 wrote:

Zing!

I am enjoying Duke's freshman class underperform, and seeing UNC come back to earth. Coaching makes a difference people.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ACC over B10 in the last ACC/B10 challenge.

Didn't see that coming.

Starting to think Hubert Davis caught lightening in a bottle last year. UNC looks bad.

And in watching Duke so far this year, Scheyer is no ratface when it comes to working the refs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:

Didn't see that coming.

Shame to see it go, it was always a nice early read on the conferences. Spartans got boatraced by ND last night. I wonder if we can bring in next year's recruiting class early.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
jepvb wrote:

Didn't see that coming.

Shame to see it go, it was always a nice early read on the conferences. Spartans got boatraced by ND last night. I wonder if we can bring in next year's recruiting class early.

My school, St. Bonaventure handled ND pretty good last week as well. So clearly my small mid-major school is better than two big P5 schools.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
SWEDE63 wrote:

The joke here is Tillman Fertitta has implemented the same salary cap for the Houston Cougars as he has for the rockets.
Quote Reply