Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New: POC PROCEN
Quote | Reply
Anyone know anything that they can share about the new POC PROCEN? I’ve seen a picture with 4 different color offerings and believe it’s coming early 2023 but that’s all I know for now. Hopefully it’ll fit smaller than the Tempor and Cerebel medium does.
Quote Reply
Re: New: POC PROCEN [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh any pics ? My googlefu is lame
Quote Reply
Re: New: POC PROCEN [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to figure it out since uploading photos from the iPhone isn’t easy here: https://ibb.co/Vxk4FxY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't have an integrated snood, so it's shit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks very similar to the cerebral ! Just with vents ?
Quote Reply
Re: New: POC PROCEN [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone used or tested this yet?

Need a new helmet this year.
Quote Reply
Re: New: POC PROCEN [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if anyone was looking at this, it's on sale, which is bizarre as it never really hit the market.

https://na.pocsports.com/...riant=44113770348710

Maybe they have a multi colorway launch and are unloading preproduction team units?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I rode the new Procen in Kona.

The ventilation holes were amazing: I have always found the airflow from my POC Cerebel to be fine, and noticed only a small improvement with the Procen... but the ability to squirt water on my head through those vents for cooling was *everything*.

I felt like I could adjust it smaller than my Cerebel, no wierd adjustments needed.

Also, visor has clips on it allowing for safe fog-venting without risking dropping the lens.

As for photos, there is one of me in the helmet on the front page at http://coeursports.com, second photo. My bike & I are teal green, the Procen is white.

Highly recommend.
Last edited by: Mell: Jan 8, 24 6:29
Quote Reply
Re: New: POC PROCEN [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks. I ordered it :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now sold out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
Well, if anyone was looking at this, it's on sale, which is bizarre as it never really hit the market.

https://na.pocsports.com/...riant=44113770348710

Maybe they have a multi colorway launch and are unloading preproduction team units?

I was thinking the same thing... pretty strange, but I'll take it! I placed my order sometime last week after failing to find a POC Tempor, and looking to retire the POC Cerebel that I have. I'm actually surprised it lasted as long as it did without being sold out, but it was almost an "easter egg" because it wasn't under the normal helmets page: You had to search for Procen and you'd find it in the outlet section, at a decent discount no less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I got my procen helmet and I'm impressed with how versatile the fit is. Sitting up or angled down in the aero bars it still holds a good shape to my back.

I'm also impressed by how small it is. The helmet case is quite a bit smaller than my Smith Jetstream which is great for travel.

The forward lens position is a great idea to keep the lens forward and in Max vent mode that you can just snap back into place once you're a little out of t1 with the press of a finger. But the action definitely feels cheap. It's secure though. Includes a mirror and clear lens.

Super light weight.

The biggest buyer caveat is if you have even the slightest of wide heads it's a tight fit. The helmet has this soft of soft/flexible eva wrap around panel coming underneath that if you have a large head it's going to be a squeeze getting your ears through it. Once your head is "inside" then theres plenty of room that can be cinched down or expanded with the typical adjuster. But at first I thought theres no way my head is gonna fit in that opening. And my ears scrape the sides a bit which makes me wonder if in thr rush of t1 I'll end up riding away with one ear folded over... but I can see now how this actually could help with airflow channeling around the helmet on the bottom half. Just need to give your head a little side to side wiggle right when you put it on. The lens extended to max vent mode helps make it easier to put on though. That's a nice touch.

All in all, very happy with it. Would buy again.
Last edited by: Lurker4: Jan 12, 24 7:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received mine as well and wore it on one ride so far.

I’m somewhere around 59-60cm and I definitely have to take a lot of care to not trap and fold my ears. It would take some practice to do this quickly in transition. That said, once it is on it feels fine, with a lot of room to tilt it rearward.

The magnetic attachment of the lens is very strong; so much so that leaving it offset may surprisingly snap back into place if it isn’t far enough away.

Ventilation is significant, maybe too cool for soCal mornings in the low 40s. I had a wool headsock on over my hair and I could still feel the cold air on my scalp.

I haven’t benchmarked it against my other helmets (spec tt, cerebel, utopia), but it feels light on my head and my overall impression of the Procen is pretty good so far.
Quote Reply
Re: New: POC PROCEN [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was sold out but I clicked the notify me when back in stock and within a few days I got a notification that it was available again, I ordered one and received it two days later! It's a pretty nice helmet and I've tried them all, definitely one of my favorites so far. It's a tight fit to get on but pretty light and comfy plus the vents are huge.
Quote Reply