Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tacx Neo 2T or Flux2?
Quote | Reply
I’m adding a trainer to the stable and considering the Flux as second to the 2T.

Opinions on the Flux? Are the differences from the 2T discernible?
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo 2T or Flux2? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An intangible is the Neo Motion Plates. If you like those (or might like them in the future), you can only use them on a Neo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have the flux s and it was a total piece of crap, constant connection loss.
Sold it after a year and bought a kicker, no more problems since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had one of each in the house. I rode the 2T and my wife rode the Flux. She always seemed to have issues with it. Not holding power when doing erg workouts, slow to respond to gradient changes in zwift, connection losses etc. I bought a Kickr Bike and we sold the Flux. The 2T was always flawless.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo 2T or Flux2? [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks; appreciate the feedback. I’ll stick with what’s working and add a second 2T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The current 2T promo comes with the motion plates. I have enjoyed them more than I thought I would and I even had to pay for mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another 2T here, though without the motion plates, I got my hands on Saris MP1 for cheap a while back. Anyway, I've never had any issues with the 2T, solid connection whether ANT+ or BT.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got no experience with flux but I've had 2T for two years now and it has been flawless all the time. No connection issues, power seems constant (wrt assioma duos), erg mode just works, etc.. . I also really like the riding feel, actually hard to imagine how it could get significantly better...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just adding another nod to the overwhelming pile - but 2T any day. Or, if funds are shorter, a 2 is perfectly fine (it's what I use at home).

I'd pretty strongly not recommend the Flux 2 for a slew of reasons.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo 2T or Flux2? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks; I appreciate the work you do for our community and for taking the time to chime in here!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a flux I've used 4 or 5 times I'd sell you. Not sure where you live. Not sure what the shipping charge would be. I'd have to figure that out. If you are interested let me know.

It hasn't been a problem for me at all. I bought it new last year and didn't try it until this year. I promise I won't gouge you on price. Shoot me a pm if you are interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo 2T or Flux2? [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw the thread question and came on here to say that when I went through this process years ago I went with the Neo2 simply because I’d seen somewhere that’s what you used when not testing trainers. Still using it today but occasionally get to use my wife’s Kickr Bike when she’s not on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flux = No way

Neo 2T = Hell Yea!!!!!
Quote Reply