Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

155mm cranks compatible with new SRAM & Shimano 12s setup?
Quote | Reply
Title says it all. Thinking of picking up a new bike and thinking of going with the Shimano or SRAM 12s setups. Most of the bikes are coming with 170 or 175 cranks which are a no-go for me. I need 155mm cranks which I currently have on my 11s setups and they are perfect.

Anybody y'all have used or suggest that do 155mm cranks compatible with these new 12s setups??? Thanks so much!

Cheers, Ray
Last edited by: TX83: Aug 17, 22 9:00
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm cranks compatible with new SRAM & Shimano 12s setup? [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
Title says it all. Thinking of picking up a new bike and thinking of going with the Shimano or SRAM 12s setups. Most of the bikes are coming with 170 or 175 cranks which are a no-go for me. I need 155mm cranks which I currently have on my 11s setups and they are perfect.

Anybody y'all have used or suggest that do 155mm cranks compatible with these new 12s setups??? Thanks so much!

Rotor has typically been the only consistent option for 155mm crankarms. I noticed recently that Cobb is making 155mm cranksets that are compatible with the SRAM/Quarq 8-bolt spider option. Not sure of QA/QC on the Cobbs as I’ve seen some past posts of buyers having issues.

Verve Infocrank just announced an updated version of their PM cranskets that are available down to 155mm. They are offering reduced pricing at several first-come-first-served levels that make the pricing a bit lower. Not sure these would be out in time for your build.
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm cranks compatible with new SRAM & Shimano 12s setup? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate it. Sounds like Rotor has been the bigger player in making these short crank sizes. I'm sure Cobb will come on board in the future, but being a smaller outfit, they have a longer development timeline is my guess. Thanks again!

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm cranks compatible with new SRAM & Shimano 12s setup? [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a set and did trial Rotor 155 cranks but too short for me. Rotor also make standard Shimano and Sram specific chainrings if you do go down the Sram AXS route.

https://rotorbike.com/...atible-bcd110x4.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a new ventum with SRAM red. I had to purchase 155 cranks from Rotor and a new BB.
I sold the SRAM crankset/PM

I have power pedals so Rotor was fine.
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm cranks compatible with new SRAM & Shimano 12s setup? [spasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know thanks so much. Sounds like I'd just need my LBS to install a new BB and I'd be good to go with the Rotor 155 cranks. With or without power is ok with me. If without, I'll just use PM pedals.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cyclenutnz wrote this blog post on proportional cranks, which are often <165mm for many folks, and would probably know about the latest and greatest in availability.
Last edited by: nanban_ronin: Aug 18, 22 19:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why would you need a new bottom bracket?
Quote Reply
Re: 155mm cranks compatible with new SRAM & Shimano 12s setup? [nanban_ronin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a great article. Thanks for the link!

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply