Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Book recommendation for a rookie
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I plan to dedicate my time in the next 6 months for the triathlon training in order to do some olympic distance race in the spring. I know that is more than enough time to prepare but I lack knowledge on training and I want to do it as best as I can.

So what I am looking for is recommendations on good books on triathlon training that will explain me basic principles (phases, nutrition etc.) of it and more.

Bike Frame Size Charts
Quote Reply
Re: Book recommendation for a rookie [trirookier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would recommend The Traithlete's Training Bible by Joe Friel and The Well Built Triathlete by Matt Dixon.

Both are comprehensive in that they cover all aspects of triathlon training/life. They are also approachable for those with little or no prior knowledge.

Here's a thread with some other recommendations: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7000839#p7000839
Last edited by: jwmott: Aug 13, 22 9:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe Friel's training Bible is good, the 80/20 is good, got the plans and the simplicity for an age grouper. I have a few and they all seem to follow similar principles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trirookier wrote:
Hi,
I plan to dedicate my time in the next 6 months for the triathlon training in order to do some olympic distance race in the spring. I know that is more than enough time to prepare but I lack knowledge on training and I want to do it as best as I can.

So what I am looking for is recommendations on good books on triathlon training that will explain me basic principles (phases, nutrition etc.) of it and more.

Anything from Dr. Phil Skiba, the classic, The Triathlete’s Guide to Training with Power, which is actually available on Amazon. Or the new one, which is thorough and science-y, Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes.
Quote Reply