Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How angry do you get? [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alibabwa wrote:
Castaway wrote:
Thanks for this thread, I thought I had an issue now I know I am normal.

Same here!

I haven’t lost it in a while but did on Tuesday over a minor issue that is totally fixable. I was in a rage and was in the process of storming out of the house and scared my cat. I’ve never had her scared of me (scared by me is a different thing) and I felt really bad. She wouldn’t come near me for the rest of the day.

It forced me to calm down and chill. Then I started wondering how often I’ve freaked people out but they were better at hiding their reactions. My Dad would lose it and go into a rage over the same types of I do and it was scary to live with.

Every other day I'll drive the dog out the room with an angry "motherfucker" at a video game when I lose.
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Alibabwa wrote:
Castaway wrote:
Thanks for this thread, I thought I had an issue now I know I am normal.

Same here!

I haven’t lost it in a while but did on Tuesday over a minor issue that is totally fixable. I was in a rage and was in the process of storming out of the house and scared my cat. I’ve never had her scared of me (scared by me is a different thing) and I felt really bad. She wouldn’t come near me for the rest of the day.

It forced me to calm down and chill. Then I started wondering how often I’ve freaked people out but they were better at hiding their reactions. My Dad would lose it and go into a rage over the same types of I do and it was scary to live with.

Every other day I'll drive the dog out the room with an angry "motherfucker" at a video game when I lose.

Watching football for me, especially when I was a much bigger Seahawks homer. The dogs hated the angry "What the fuck are you doing!" yells and the unexpected touchdown celebration in the living room. I've chilled quite a bit over the years and am more a fan of the game now than a team, which has helped.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our big dog has a big bladder and he pees when he’s scared. So scary shouting is not allowed in our house anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to work in a lab with high-end analytical chemistry instruments that were always on a hair trigger with respect to stable operation. The worst was when I was trying to get an experiment running at the end of a Friday (to let things run over the weekend) and something went wrong. I was always alone in the lab by that time, and it was therapeutic to let loose with a loud continuous string of cursing a la Clark Griswold. Not sure if anyone was ever in the labs next door to hear me, but no one ever complained.

Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To the uninitiated, a string of profanity is often confused with anger. It's just a relief valve.

And here I thought profanity was a requirement when working on cars. Especially when you can't find that 10mm socket.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
sphere wrote:
My grouped Sonos One speakers in our gym just spontaneously unpaired the other day. Knowing what a convoluted PITA it was to set them up, I could feel the David Banner rage panic boiling up from the deep.

Electronic failure rage is very specific and thermonuclear.

That happened to my sonos a year or so ago and I haven't been able to muster up the will to troubleshoot it yet.

Funny, my soundbar that quit is also a Sonos.

I have a Sonos sound bar sitting unused in the basement TV room. I’ve been meaning to connect it with the gym tv Sonos system but can’t muster the energy to deal with the frustration.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I snap at little things like this, the big things I'm pretty calm and rational

Me too. I suspect there is something that big things that really matter I know I have to be calm for, but the suppressed emotion transfers to the little things.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slink wrote:
My husband freaks out about the dumbest shit sometimes and it can be really embarrassing. Whatever it is that isn't working the way he wants usually ends up completely broken after he applies "brute force" to the problem.

I get a little angry at stupid things.

And then my wife rides me for being ridiculous, childish, setting bad example for our boys teaching them how not to deal with stress, blah blah .

Then I get a lot angry. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was little, playing sports and video games would fire me up.

As an adult the things that would set me off the most were handyman jobs, watching football and the big one, playing golf. My word did I used to lose it on the golf course. In the mid 90’s I got suspended for language violations on the eve of the finals as our #2 player.

Even stupid things like Boston Rob dodging a bullet at tribal council in Survivor (his first show) got me throwing a magazine.

These days I can play golf without making a scene. I get a good laugh watching others spit it (‘I feel your pain my friend’). I don’t care if the football team loses. Odd jobs can still get me fired up mind you.

I agree with a previous post regarding being told to stop being a baby by a spouse. No husband in the history of marriage has paused, looked up and said ‘Wow you’re right. I am acting really silly. Thanks for bringing that to my attention my cute little bunny’’
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My father is a notoriously angry user of technology. Sometimes I get pulled in to help him set up some thing that he's been fuming at, and almost always it's something pretty simple to figure out. He just doesn't have the touch with technology that I do.

He also loves Sonos. One days he's setting up a Sonos system and throwing the requisite fit, so I jump in.. low and behold, the damn Sonos system was actually at fault. All of their new products are on S2, which is incompatible with his already extensive collection of S1 devices. Different app. You can't even use S2 and S1 devices on the same wifi network.

That's incredibly dumb and made me think less of Sonos.
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Drove an hour to ride new trail system this morning, only to find out that somehow when I was putting the bike in the back of my car or taking it out, or during the drive the fucking chain had dropped off to the inside and some how managed to fall into a groove between the bottom bracket and the small chain ring. No problem if it went in surely it must come out, after about 10 minutes of cajoling, pulling, eventually yanking and getting grease all over my hands I gave up, Cleaned up the best I could and drove an hour back. Just fucking seething the whole time. And now I'm ranting here. I could have hurled that fucking bike into the woods and left it there I was so pissed.

I wouldn't say I lost my shit, but I wasn't far from it.

Strange thing is this only happens in situations like this with inanimate objects, I never get mad at people like that. Or at least it's only ever happened once or twice.

I snap at little things like this, the big things I'm pretty calm and rational, it really freaks my wife out.

Me too. I can be playing a video game and scream obscenities and get my blood pressure up but someone tries to kill me in real life and my pulse rate probably never went above 70. It’s bizarre.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
slink wrote:
My husband freaks out about the dumbest shit sometimes and it can be really embarrassing. Whatever it is that isn't working the way he wants usually ends up completely broken after he applies "brute force" to the problem.

And then my wife rides me for being ridiculous, childish, setting bad example for our boys teaching them how not to deal with stress, blah blah .

I learned early on its better to say nothing and ignore it, like with my toddlers. If I think its particularly bad and the kids are around ill say something later when he's calmed down. No one stops freaking out because they were told to ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this thread has taught me anything it's that Sonos is a piece of shit and should be avoided.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slink wrote:
WannaB wrote:
slink wrote:

I learned early on its better to say nothing and ignore it, like with my toddlers. If I think its particularly bad and the kids are around ill say something later when he's calmed down. No one stops freaking out because they were told to ;)

I wish you could talk to my wife.
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [Clara Roberts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clara Roberts wrote:
Our big dog has a big bladder and he pees when he’s scared. So scary shouting is not allowed in our house anymore.

To me, that's just another example of dogs making the world a better place.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: How angry do you get? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
To the uninitiated, a string of profanity is often confused with anger. It's just a relief valve.

And here I thought profanity was a requirement when working on cars. Especially when you can't find that 10mm socket.

I have found that since our son left the household my tools tend to be right where i left them/expect them to be. As much as i love our son it truly is a blessing to be able to know exactly where that stick of 1/2" drive torx heads are.

We were in HI when he as in high school. He bought a Toyota Supra with a 7MGTE engine. We rebuilt the engine and the whole front end of that car. I've never cursed so much in my life. However once we were done it was very satisfying; and when that turbo kicked in it was impressive. Sold the Supra when he went off into the Navy and sent him the $$

/r

Steve
Quote Reply

Prev Next