Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trans Athletes Given Green Light To Compete in Female Category.. World Triathlon [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
Lurker4 wrote:
KaliTom wrote:
Ironman is basically saying, here take these powerful steroids for 20-25 years and then stop taking them when you are ready to compete as a women. What's the over/under on how long it will take until there is nothing but trans athletes on the podium? In the female field?

You think Ironman has a popularity issue now...

They need to increase those female numbers somehow!

But it won't be that bad. But it will still be a big problems every time I happens.

Anyone know how many trans women are competing in Ironman in the female AG categories and getting onto the podium? Has it happened yet in Ironman or the Ironman 70.3 events?

I'm a trans friendly biological female in the 50-54 AG (meaning I am sympathetic to trans people). But they should not be competing against us. They should be allowed to compete but not within the female categories. Imagine if a trans women won Kona. Far fetched. But nothing surprising me anymore in 2023.

There's no money in podiums or AG Kona quali's. A few big marathons have had prize paying non-binary divisions which have unsurprisingly been won by biological males. The winner of non-binary at NYC Marathon went 2:45. Personally I would have no problem signing up as non-binary, running the race in the same pack I normally would, wearing the same clothes, number, doing everything exactly the same, and then taking home $5,000 because instead of declaring Male I declared Non-Binary. As long as I didn't make a big deal out of I'd be lauded by plenty of outlets as a brave hero.

Once there's money to be made any honor people had before gets thrown out the window.
Quote Reply
Re: Trans Athletes Given Green Light To Compete in Female Category.. World Triathlon [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Data is pretty sporadic, but -- hasn't resulted in AG / podium.

Still, reminder, that with IRONMAN's current policy, it is a two-year transitory period on hormones plus a four year period of not competing in a male category. (This is why they created the open division).

USA Triathlon's policy remains the same -- race in the division that aligns with your gender identity, unless you are in the elite category and are further subject to World Triathlon's policy (which is pretty much the IRONMAN one).

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Trans Athletes Given Green Light To Compete in Female Category.. World Triathlon [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Data is pretty sporadic, but -- hasn't resulted in AG / podium.
Still, reminder, that with IRONMAN's current policy, it is a two-year transitory period on hormones plus a four year period of not competing in a male category. (This is why they created the open division). USA Triathlon's policy remains the same -- race in the division that aligns with your gender identity, unless you are in the elite category and are further subject to World Triathlon's policy (which is pretty much the IRONMAN one).
Surely WT will appreciate the leadership FINA, WAC and now the ICU has eventually provided and adopt this policy. Hasn't BriTri already shown the way ahead?
WAC March 2023: World Athletics Council (WAC) (previously IAAF) announced new regulations for transgender athletes "guided by the overarching principle which is to protect the female category" and "guided by the science around physical performance".
Quote Reply

Prev Next