Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

deep section vs. standard rear wheel
Quote | Reply
has anyone seen an estimate on time saved in a 40K bike using a deep section rear wheel vs. a standard 32 hole rim & hub? i want to know weigh the costs/benefits of an aero wheel vs. leaving in the powertap. i'm concerned with aerodynamics, not weight.
thanks,
-brent
Quote Reply
Re: deep section vs. standard rear wheel [pedersen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the way I always look at it (I'm a PT Pro user too). I base my wheel decision on the race, NOT the relative performance benefits. I already know my disk or trispoke are going to be faster. The real issue is: is this an A, B, or C race. If it is an A race, the disk or trispoke go on, period. If it is a C race, the PT Pro wheel goes on, PERIOD, (EVEN if I have a six pack gentlemen's bet on the local sprint in the offing. The data is more important than the $8 six pack IF they happen to beat me.). The B races are the only ones where I may waiver at all. If it is B and early season, PT Pro always. If it is an "A race rehearsal" B race, then I'm likely to go with the aero setup I'll be riding in the race. As for the front, my Alps stays on the bike 95% of the time, racing OR training. The other 5% is the "secret" weapon H3.
Quote Reply
Re: deep section vs. standard rear wheel [pedersen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: deep section vs. standard rear wheel [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TBG,

Can you tell that much of a difference when you from the Alps to the H3?

If so, what's the difference? Are you able to hold a higher speed with the H3?

And the obligtory question...Tubular or Clincher.... Just had to ask ;)

Thanks,

Mike

TheBikeRacer.com
Quote Reply