Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can You Keep up with a 15 Year old Girl: Summer Macintosh gold and silver at FINA World's
Quote | Reply
Gold Medal in 200 fly in 2:05.xx
Silver behind Ledecky in 400 free in sub 4

400IM on deck and from what I recall Summer has already done a 4:28!

This 15 year old is on fire!!!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jun 22, 22 18:29
Quote Reply
Re: Can You Keep up with a 15 Year old Girl: Summer Macintosh gold and silver at FINA World's [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this stage of my life, I'd be happy to keep up with the 12 y.o. club swimmers of any sex/ gender, let alone Olympic phenoms. Having said that, this kid is a rare talent.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Can You Keep up with a 15 Year old Girl: Summer Macintosh gold and silver at FINA World's [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She led off the relay with a 200 time that would have won gold in that solo event. And Ledecky went the fastest ever relay split a couple lanes down, so that would be some race between those two if they actually swam that event.
Quote Reply
Re: Can You Keep up with a 15 Year old Girl: Summer Macintosh gold and silver at FINA World's [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2024 Paris ,Macintosh V Ledecky V Titmus.This will be a showdown.

"Be your best cheerleader , not your worst critic.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Incredible meet for her - bravo Canada. Hope she keeps enjoying it and getting faster.

Lot of talk that the meet doesn't have top swimmers and its sub par, with injuries, medical issues and com games coming up, but there have been some great swims and break out meets for some swimmers. Thinking of Summer Macintosh, David Popovici, Elijah Winnington and Thomas Ceccon to just name a few...

And yes - In the 400M free I could keep up with her for about 75M to 115M with some fins on and a strong coffee before s***ing the bed and feeling the piano
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Gold Medal in 200 fly in 2:05.xx
Silver behind Ledecky in 400 free in sub 4
400IM on deck and from what I recall Summer has already done a 4:28!
This 15 year old is on fire!!!

Gold in the 4 IM in "only" 4:32, an off-swim for her. And if she had swum the 2 free, she prob would have won that. Plus she's very fast in the 2 IM as well, so she has a choice of what events she wants to swim. Seems like a very level-headed, very focused girl. She could become the next Phelps/Ledecky. She's certainly on her way!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canada has been on a real talent steak with their female swimmers the last ~6 years.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Can You Keep up with a 15 Year old Girl: Summer Macintosh gold and silver at FINA World's [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Canada has been on a real talent steak with their female swimmers the last ~6 years.

Geez Dev, women aren't pieces of meat! How dare you. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Can You Keep up with a 15 Year old Girl: Summer Macintosh gold and silver at FINA World's [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:

Imagine having this guy as your coach for the free city run Masters program:

https://swimontario.com/news_detail.php?id=1920

Haven’t seen Ken in about 15 years but he used to run our club in Kamloops BC.

Just an all round awesome guy! He used to coach masters just for a break and some adult interaction.

We were young and I remember one of my buddies chirping about “old guys” and swimming ability, Ken said “hang on a minute” left and came back with his jammers on and got in the water “no coaching, but lots of teaching today”

Anyways he slaughtered everyone and going forward we all shut up when Ken was talking, really nice guy. He would come out once every couple of months for social, bite to eat after….super great guy and we had some awesome conversations, never about swimming.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.cbc.ca/...icken-path-1.6109267

Interesting back story. Her coach died in 2020 and her father gets cancer shortly after.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply