Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: History Repeats [SWEDE63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
So amazing, only took 18 or 19 dead before he was killed. A great victory for the good guy with a gun crowd.

I gotta say, all these nuts who are so concerned with concealed carry, etc. I think y'all are a bunch of pussies.

How so?
Quote Reply
Re: History Repeats [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In every way possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
In every way possible.

So, just childish insults?

OK.

Opinion noted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You've admitted you have an AR15 but don't like it. Why have it? Does it make you feel more like a man? Or, perhaps it helps fill some other inadequacy?
Quote Reply
Re: History Repeats [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
WannaB wrote:
You know

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun

So, what actually stopped the shooter?

Spoiler:

It was a good guy (Border patrol agent) with a gun.

Call me crazy but if you're worried about stopping a shooter, the game is already lost. The concern should be about preventing the shooting in the first place.

It's like arguing the solution to lung cancer deaths is better lung cancer treatment rather than smoking cessation.

Thank you for this comment, it states what I couldn't put into words eloquently.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SWEDE63 wrote:
You've admitted you have an AR15 but don't like it. Why have it? Does it make you feel more like a man? Or, perhaps it helps fill some other inadequacy?

I have two M4s but they're for job related purposes. I also have three Glocks... also for job related purposes.

If it weren't for my chosen profession I'd have a grand total of zero guns. Will likely never take them out of the safe once I retire.

I don't get the need or reasoning for people having an AR15. A handgun... okay. Hunting rifle/shotgun... okay. An AR15... nope.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: May 25, 22 9:41
Quote Reply
Re: History Repeats [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
WannaB wrote:
You know

Spoiler:

Call me crazy but if you're worried about stopping a shooter, the game is already lost. The concern should be about preventing the shooting in the first place.

It's like arguing the solution to lung cancer deaths is better lung cancer treatment rather than smoking cessation.

Thank you for this comment, it states what I couldn't put into words eloquently.

I don't believe it's an either/or scenario. We can improve treatments for lung cancer AND work towards reducing its occurance via smoking cessation. They're not mutually exclusive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
WannaB wrote:
You know

Spoiler:

I don't believe it's an either/or scenario. We can improve treatments for lung cancer AND work towards reducing its occurance via smoking cessation. They're not mutually exclusive.

No doubt, but there is also the issue of effect size and effectiveness of the strategy.

Something like 80-90% of lung cancers would disappear without tobacco smoking. Once you have lung cancer it's pretty deadly, so there is a long ways to go in terms of detection and treatment improvement.

Plus how much does it cost society when someone stops smoking vs. trying to detect and treat cancer better?
Quote Reply
Re: History Repeats [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
SWEDE63 wrote:

I have two M4s but they're for job related purposes. I also have three Glocks... also for job related purposes.

If it weren't for my chosen profession I'd have a grand total of zero guns. Will likely never take them out of the safe once I retire.

I don't get the need or reasoning for people having an AR15. A handgun... okay. Hunting rifle/shotgun... okay. An AR15... nope.

My perspective is a gun is a tool but one with a number of potential bad consequences. If you have a real need for one, then have at it. I'd go in for some mandatory training, licensing, insurance, etc.

I think most people who buy a gun "for protection" seriously get the calculus wrong as far as whether they and their family are more likely to be protected as opposed to harmed by having a gun.
Quote Reply
Re: History Repeats [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Amen.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply

Prev Next