Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by ElliotOP
Re: WTB : Felt IA FRD base bar [ElliotOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case you can't find anything, the Alpha One is compatible with the FRD rim brake models. Top fairing piece would need to be attached using velcro or tape or something but other than that it integrates nicely.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: WTB : Felt IA FRD base bar [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
In case you can't find anything, the Alpha One is compatible with the FRD rim brake models. Top fairing piece would need to be attached using velcro or tape or something but other than that it integrates nicely.

As Ben mentioned, the TriRig setup does work, and it's amazing. I recently completed an upgrade to the TriRig on my IA1. I may have the stock pieces you need available, as the IA1 has a similar bar setup to the FRD. Let me get some pictures tonight and I'll send to you to see if they will work.
Last edited by: SN95NIK: May 9, 22 9:58
Quote Reply
Re: WTB : Felt IA FRD base bar [SN95NIK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SN95NIK wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

As Ben mentioned, the TriRig setup does work, and it's amazing. I recently completed an upgrade to the TriRig on my IA1. I may have the stock pieces you need available, as the IA1 has a similar bar setup to the FRD. Let me get some pictures tonight and I'll send to you to see if they will work.

curious about this setup, but wondering how it would alter my fit. the integrated basebar that comes on the IA1/FRD bolts to a pretty short "stem", which helps with my short reach. I think the centerline of the basebar past the fork tube/headset is 70 mm or something. does the Alpha One and its integrated stem push this out much farther?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: WTB : Felt IA FRD base bar [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't want to high-jack this classified post, but I think the short answer is yes. You can see in the image above that the back of the pads/center post of the dragonfly is out past the nosecone on the front of the fork. Feel free to message me directly if you'd like some measurements or pictures.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB : Felt IA FRD base bar [ElliotOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ElliotOP wrote:
My dad crashed his bike and I'm looking to replace his broken base bar

Please reach out if you have any other compatible base bar (FRD model, not the IA with normal stem)

Thanks,
Elliot

Here's my setup, off a 2018 Felt IA1. Let me know if you think this may fit, and feel free to reach out for more pics or info.

Last edited by: SN95NIK: May 10, 22 8:13
Quote Reply
Re: WTB : Felt IA FRD base bar [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:

curious about this setup, but wondering how it would alter my fit. the integrated basebar that comes on the IA1/FRD bolts to a pretty short "stem", which helps with my short reach. I think the centerline of the basebar past the fork tube/headset is 70 mm or something. does the Alpha One and its integrated stem push this out much farther?

I believe I measured this correctly, but looking at it last night, the TriRig setup seems to be equivalent to a 110-120mm stem, versus the stock 70mm. That being said, there is a ton of adjustment available in the pad and bar mounts. See below,

Last edited by: SN95NIK: May 10, 22 8:19
Quote Reply