Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sole ST90 Slat treadmill [Danwelchdpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the review! Sorry it didn't work out (for me also, would've been nice to have a cost effective alternative to a woodway)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a good review.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd put the Peloton Tread up for consideration for anyone interested in a <$3k treadmill. We had some initial headaches with bad hardware (and yes, you are dealing with 3rd party logistics delivery/install but the Tread is not complicated and they can really only "mess up" one particular part of the process I think) but it's a very functional treadmill and the interactivity is very solid. I say this in spite of mocking Peloton as being a frivolous subscription for some time before actually USING one.
Last edited by: jkhayc: May 4, 22 5:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's disappointing
Thanks for the review!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got mine installed last Thursday and then went on vacation so I only have a little time on it. Before the order I had a few emails with Sole regarding the install and that they would be able to get it down the stairs to my basement.

My order process was easy and the initial shipping was good (ArcBest) with updates that were consistent.

Then fun. They hand off the "last mile" to some other company. I had a window of 8a-5p for the delivery but work from home so that is fine. They are supposed to call when they are on the way. At about 3 I called ArcBest up and the agent was helpful by getting into contact with that 3rd party and they said it was out for delivery. Great. Five o'clock comes, no update. I call at 6 and the guy at the warehouse said basically if it isn't there by now, it probably got pushed. Bummer for me. Around 8 that night I get a knock on the door, it was a neighbor, "hey, were you supposed to get something really big today". As a matter of fact, I was. I walk 3 houses up the street and there is the treadmill in their driveway. On an extra long pallet. And this is freaking heavy. Turns out the delivery people basically dropped it off, walked up to the door, let a 14 year old sign for it (she had no idea what she was signing for) and they left. With some help from som great neighbors we got it unboxed, picked up the base and put it into the bed of my truck, drove it down the street and they helped me unload it into the garage.

A day later the install team came. A small woman and a guy with a TINY dolly. Trying to get it onto that dolly they almost dropped it and would have if I wasn't standing there. They got it up on it'd end and couldn't get it through the door (duh). Turned it 90* and I had to help them get it up 2 steps from the garage. Then they basically slid it bumping down the stairs. Once it was down there they installed it fine, but they need to sort that out. This thing needs 3 people to get it safely in.

I've done 2 shorter runs on it and I like the feel. I don't think I'll use the iPad/tablet holder because it seems like it would bounce around a lot. I planned on just using my TV anyway. The deck seems soft and comparable to my old Peloton Tread+ (slatted belt one). It is a LOT quieter vs the Peloton. It doesn't take a long time to change speed or elevation, but the Tread+ was faster at it and the jump buttons shine on the Peloton. Sole goes up incline by whole numbers and Peloton by .5.

I do mostly steady paces on the treadmill so the speed changes won't impact me much. I'll do a few longer runs the next few days to get a better feel for it, but so far pleased with the unit. I can't compare it to a Woodway however.

What soured the experience so far by far was the incompetent delivery and install.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole ST90 Slat treadmill [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very interesting and excellent reviews from both you guys. looks like it has potential to be a poorman's woodway, but may still have some kinks to work out and features to address..

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Sole ST90 Slat treadmill [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any other reviews of this treadmill? The 2022 model is priced at $3k right now so considering it.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Re: Sole ST90 Slat treadmill [theyellowcarguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't review the Sole, but let me say as a person who has had the most recommended Nordictrak treadmill for the past 4 years- avoid it like the plague. The machine itself is great- when it works. What's terrible is that in 3 years it has broken 4 times, it is always a hassle to get repaired, and Nordictrak customer service is the absolute worst. I haven't had a repair that took less than 3 months, and I am currently at month 10 on waiting for my latest repair, despite contacting them multiple times. If it breaks again, I'll probably go with the Sole, but will never ever buy Nordictrak again.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole ST90 Slat treadmill [bq2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bq2001 wrote:
I've done 2 shorter runs on it and I like the feel. I don't think I'll use the iPad/tablet holder because it seems like it would bounce around a lot. I planned on just using my TV anyway. The deck seems soft and comparable to my old Peloton Tread+ (slatted belt one). It is a LOT quieter vs the Peloton. It doesn't take a long time to change speed or elevation, but the Tread+ was faster at it and the jump buttons shine on the Peloton. Sole goes up incline by whole numbers and Peloton by .5.

I do mostly steady paces on the treadmill so the speed changes won't impact me much. I'll do a few longer runs the next few days to get a better feel for it, but so far pleased with the unit. I can't compare it to a Woodway however.

Thanks for your helpful comments. Do you have any further updates about how the ST90 has been working for you since then?

Do you remember how much any smell (e.g., from the rubber slats) was noticeable when it was brand new or since then?

Presumably you didn't feel any problem with vibrations (which was mentioned by another user)?

Any other benefits or disadvantages you've noticed compared to the Peloton Tread+ (which recently became available again for pre-order)?

Assuming you never measured how many seconds it took for specific speed or elevation changes on either the Tread+ or the ST90, how substantial did that difference seem to you?

Was I correctly understanding "I can't compare it to a Woodway" to mean that you've never tried a Woodway?
Last edited by: twitchspeed: Dec 17, 23 18:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Danwelchdpt wrote:
Thank god for the 30 day return period.

Sorry to "rain on the parade" but the Woodway I ran on prior to delivery was much better. I MAY have gotten a bad one but to be honest, I am not willing to play games with SOLE to figure it out.

Back to the drawing board... thankfully my proform is still functioning.... for now. :(

Thanks for your review. After that poor delivery and assembly experience, how did the return/refund go? Did they make you disassemble or take the item outside yourself? Do you recall the names of the companies that handled your delivery, assembly, and pickup?

Sole states: “On approved returns, Sole will credit back the full amount paid for the unit and applicable taxes. The original shipping costs are non-refundable. These non-refundable costs include any upgraded shipping costs, assembly services, and rural or accessorial fees associated with initial delivery.â€

Sole offers Curbside Delivery for free, or you can upgrade to Room of Choice Delivery for $199, or Room of Choice Delivery with Assembly for $350. Did you choose that last option, and was your garage your room of choice? (Edit: I see from one of your earlier messages that your desired destination was your basement and the room of choice delivery was apparently supposed to be handled by the assembly company rather than the original delivery company.)

Did they not refund the $350 despite their refusal to deliver properly (plus what sounded like hardware defects in your unit given the vibrations)? Did they otherwise promptly refund the "full amount paid for the unit and applicable taxes"?

Have you tried any other slat treadmills aside from Woodway, and if so, how did they compare?

Did you find another treadmill that you liked?
Last edited by: twitchspeed: Dec 17, 23 19:03
Quote Reply

Prev Next