Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fast Trail Shoe Rec [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I usually run in Arcteryx Norvan SL and would probably buy a Solomon Pulsar or Nnormal Kjerag if not that. I tend to like lower-stack, ultralightweight trail running shoes. So not the shoe featured on the landing page. But Speedland does check some boxes and I can understand why someone would use them.

I was skeptical of Boa running shoes but got a pair from a different brand once and actually liked them. I think I still prefer traditional lacing but I liked them more than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Fast Trail Shoe Rec [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
the carbon plates in trail running shoes are made to protect your from a sharp rock or object piercing through to your foot, not assist in propulsion. I really cant say there is 1 all around trail shoe. It all depends on the course. pure dirt and grass I like xc spikes. cross country that has sidewalk and road mixed in the altra escalante racer (probably this is what I would default to if I do not know the course)

There are trail shoes with carbon plates designed to add rebound like the Alphaflys. I have a pair of the North Face ones. They aren’t the most svelte “feel the trail” shoe, but they aren’t that gangly either. They are perfect for races with a lot of fire road, some pavement, and some trail. They get no love in the trail racing community as far as I can see, but I don’t know why. Hal Koerner helped design them and he’s a pretty good ultra runner.
Quote Reply
Re: Fast Trail Shoe Rec [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the Saucony Endorphin Edge
Quote Reply
Re: Fast Trail Shoe Rec [kem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kem wrote:
Well, I usually run in Arcteryx Norvan SL

My first few runs in the Norvan SL 2 they sliced my heels terribly.
I adjusted the lacing and every run after that has been amazing.
I've never done more than 20km in them though. Can't imagine a full ultra with them.

The SL 3 with the built in cuff are my next purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: Fast Trail Shoe Rec [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My first few runs in the Norvan SL 2 they sliced my heels terribly.
I adjusted the lacing and every run after that has been amazing.
I've never done more than 20km in them though. Can't imagine a full ultra with them.

The SL 3 with the built in cuff are my next purchase.

I can see how the SL2 might do that to your heel. They fit feet great out of the box but I can see how if they weren't fit just so it might lead to some slicing.

I have the SL3s and have run in them now since they were released basically. I like the knit/mesh material around the opening although I had problems with the longer tab rubbing on my tendon. I cut the tab off and now it seems to work well for me. But it seems in general that section of the SL line affects different people differently.
Quote Reply

Prev Next