Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well heā€™s got three responses from his troll post so far, so I guess for him thatā€™s a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Well heā€™s got three responses from his troll post so far, so I guess for him thatā€™s a win.

He also got Big John to admit he loves washing balls.
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
trail wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

When did I say the GOPā€™s China travel ban was xenophobic? I actually explicitly said the opposite.

Come on now. It's possible some lefty cable news show said that Trump's travel restrictions were xenophobic. And you're on Team Lefty. Therefore you're obligated to take up Troll Defense for Team Lefty regardless of what you actually said.

I don't think any lefties on this forum were against the travel restrictions from China. At least not that I can remember.

I think at the time I thought it was a bit of COVID response theatre that would have little, if any, measurable effect. I also think that about the African restrictions, particularly as news is emerging that it's likely been in Europe for weeks now. I think we might as well lift them sometimes soon given that there's probably zero percent chance of strain containment, or even slowing.

I just don't get the current right wing troll/lie machine. How is it fun?

You know Democrats weren't saying it. The troll knows Democrats weren't saying that. You know the troll knows. The troll knows you know the troll knows. So WTF is the point of the troll? At least pick at something we might care about. I realize the point of a troll is to do troll things. I just don't see how in this environment it is amusing.

This is the same group that uses a super secret phrase to say fuck you to the prez instead of just saying fuck you to the prez. Because libs or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [southpaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got me to admit? I have not once denied that I love seeing you wash his balls Nutsack. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big John wrote:
Got me to admit? I have not once denied that I love seeing you wash his balls Nutsack. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

You got the wrong poster, genius.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Y we at Thai market it just automatically goes to the last one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big John wrote:
Y we at Thai market it just automatically goes to the last one.

Focus. Pad Thai then cheap insults.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big John wrote:

Quoted for posterity.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah my old stalker in his Tom Brady pajamasā€¦how nice of you to drop by. Suffer well there bubelah!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still responding to the wrong person I see. This internet stuff is hard!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When did I say the GOPā€™s China travel ban was xenophobic?

Biden did. The day after Trump enacted it.
He either believed it and has now enacted a xenophobic ban himself. Or he was politicizing Covid.
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10% Of KLM Passengers From South Africa Test Positive For Coronavirus
https://onemileatatime.com/news/klm-flight-south-africa-coronavirus/

21% of the positives are Omicron
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:

Biden did.

It's not clear. Biden might have been talking about other xenophobic aspects of Trump's COVID response, like calling it the "Chinese Virus," for example. Which is less defensible even than naming the virus after the location it was discovered, e.g. Wuhan Virus.

You desperately want Biden to have meant what you think he meant. Not clear to me.

OK, now let's keeping going around in this circle. Your turn to post that Biden clearly said that the Trump China travel ban was xenophobic and post some variation of the things you already posted, just read what he said, etc.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 30, 21 16:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Still responding to the wrong person I see. This internet stuff is hard!

He doesnā€™t seem to understand how to respond to a specific post. It makes his posts even more confusing than normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Cavechild wrote:

Biden did.

It's not clear. Biden might have been talking about other xenophobic aspects of Trump's COVID response, like calling it the "Chinese Virus," for example. Which is less defensible even than naming the virus after the location it was discovered, e.g. Wuhan Virus.

You desperately want Biden to have meant what you think he meant. Not clear to me.

OK, now let's keeping going around in this circle. Your turn to post that Biden clearly said that the Trump China travel ban was xenophobic and post some variation of the things you already posted, just read what he said, etc.

It is clear, Biden called Trump's repeated use of the term "China Virus" xenophobic.

Here is what Ron Klain told the House Foreign Affairs panel 2 days after the China travel ban was announced. It is clear that he is calling for tougher restrictions.

Quote:
ā€œWe donā€™t have a travel ban,ā€ ā€œWe have a travel Band-Aid right now. First, before it was imposed, 300,000 people came here from China in the previous month. So, the horse is out of the barn. Second, what we have restricted is not travel to or from China, but passports to and from China. Thereā€™s no restriction on Americans going back and forth. There are warnings. People should abide by those warnings. But today, 30 planes will land in Los Angeles that either originated in Beijing or came here on one-stops, 30 in San Francisco, 25 in New York City. Okay? So, unless we think that the color of the passport someone carries is a meaningful public health restriction, we have not placed a meaningful public health restriction.ā€

Ron Klain is Biden's Chief of Staff.

Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
It is clear, Biden called Trump's repeated use of the term "China Virus" xenophobic.

Work with me. I'm pretending to listen to and acknowledge Cavechild's concerns. I'm told this is very important, or else Trump may get elected again. And I don't want that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Work with me. I'm pretending to listen to and acknowledge Cavechild's concerns. I'm told this is very important, or else Trump may get elected again. And I don't want that.

Have you guys cracked a beer yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
When did I say the GOPā€™s China travel ban was xenophobic?

Biden did. The day after Trump enacted it.
He either believed it and has now enacted a xenophobic ban himself. Or he was politicizing Covid.

But you ended your post to me with:

ā€œYouā€™re quite the critical thinker.ā€

That implied you were saying those were MY thoughts. But it doesnā€™t surprise me youā€™re now moving the goal posts. Itā€™s what trolls do when shown to be wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While a travel ban from South Africa may be justified... Not having one from the Netherlands at this point is absolutely clueless.

https://www.npr.org/...-europe-south-africa

It doesn't take a genius to know that Omicron has been traveling for some time... The odds that south africa detected the index cases are impossibly long.

Meanwhile you have this going on... This is NOT a good look for Biden:

https://www.google.com/...=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited by: JacobB1111: Dec 1, 21 9:01
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [JacobB1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JacobB1111 wrote:

How is a spike in the Netherlands "Not a good look for Biden"?

The reality is there is a spike in cases across Europe, more than double the cases per 100,000 than the U.S. Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, all are on fire. In Germany, like the US, the outbreak is mostly in the areas who have embraced the far right parties who ran on Anti-Vaccine propaganda during the recent elections. Saxony, Thuringia, Saxony-Anhalt. All have massive spikes compared to the rest of the country.

How is million of Germans, Dutch, and Belgium's refusing to get vaccinated because they bought into Far-Right propaganda "Not a good look for Biden"?
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
JacobB1111 wrote:

The reality is there is a spike in cases across Europe, more than double the cases per 100,000 than the U.S. Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, all are on fire. In Germany, like the US, the outbreak is mostly in the areas who have embraced the far right parties who ran on Anti-Vaccine propaganda during the recent elections. Saxony, Thuringia, Saxony-Anhalt. All have massive spikes compared to the rest of the country.

How is million of Germans, Dutch, and Belgium's refusing to get vaccinated because they bought into Far-Right propaganda "Not a good look for Biden"?

If a travel ban from South Africa is currently reasonable then a travel ban from Europe based on the millions of euros refusing to get vaccinated is equally if not more reasonable. Furthermore we know know Omicron all over Europe and southern Africa... so wouldn't it be wise to ban travel from both or neither rather than just southern Africa? https://www.bbc.com/...orld-europe-59473131
Quote Reply
Re: Travel ban from South Africa.? [JacobB1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JacobB1111 wrote:
Nutella wrote:
JacobB1111 wrote:

If a travel ban from South Africa is currently reasonable then a travel ban from Europe based on the millions of euros refusing to get vaccinated is equally if not more reasonable. Furthermore we know know Omicron all over Europe and southern Africa... so wouldn't it be wise to ban travel from both or neither rather than just southern Africa? https://www.bbc.com/...orld-europe-59473131

No.

The variant is the issue. There is zero evidence that Omicron is wide spread in Europe. A few dozen cases is hardly wide spread. There is ample evidence that it is wide spread in parts of Africa with several thousands cases and a massive jump in positivity. This may change rapidly but at this point in time they are not seeing thousands of Omicron positives in Europe.

What this does show is that if the globe really wants to get a handle on this rich countries need to start flooding the developing world with vaccines. The far right in the US, Germany, Belgium, are never going to get vaccinated but millions of Africans will.
Quote Reply

Prev Next