Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Good way to seal... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would it be possible to attach an elbow to redirect it away from your property? Or is the ground all going toward your property and it would go there anyway?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Would it be possible to attach an elbow to redirect it away from your property? Or is the ground all going toward your property and it would go there anyway?

Yeah, I'm pretty much downhill. The only way to do it would be to do a 180 and reverse it back on his property which at least would give it a chance to soak in more so than becoming a stream in my backyard.

I seem to recall the code guy saying I couldn't run it down the property line out into the street because you're not allowed to do that either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, you should have started with that detail…
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Well, you should have started with that detail…

Which one? You're advice seemed good regardless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My impractical and highly illegal first thought was Bangalore torpedo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can u bury some perforated drain pipe going away from your lot?

What about using it to your advantage and making a pond?
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J-No wrote:
Can u bury some perforated drain pipe going away from your lot?

What about using it to your advantage and making a pond?

I don't know what's actually under there but there is already is a pipe buried running across the property more or less in the same place and going in the same direction as the stream that formed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That the pipe was not in fact yours and a, while very effective just not hidden plug, was what you were looking for. I think the “natural” style plugs of dirt or kitty litter make the most sense. Plausible deniability that some small creature is what did the actual plugging of the pipe.

Best of luck with the neighbor and the water.
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

I can’t believe I’m saying this… I like the way you think, windy.

Blowing shit up is often one my first thoughts when ”problem solving.”

However, it is rarely/never implemented these days, but it is always one the first options that comes to mind.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
windywave wrote:

I can’t believe I’m saying this… I like the way you think, windy.

Blowing shit up is often one my first thoughts when ”problem solving.”

However, it is rarely/never implemented these days, but it is always one the first options that comes to mind.

Yes. And +3 points for an excellent historical reference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
davearm wrote:
Nobody yet has suggested you start by asking whoever owns the property to remedy it?

I guess my logic would be if someone went to the trouble of placing and concealing the drain in the first place they probably aren’t going to be amenable to just fixing it because I ask nicely.

And then I’ve tipped my hand so to speak.
Hate to break it to you, but you'll be the prime suspect regardless.
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
davearm wrote:
Nobody yet has suggested you start by asking whoever owns the property to remedy it?

I guess my logic would be if someone went to the trouble of placing and concealing the drain in the first place they probably aren’t going to be amenable to just fixing it because I ask nicely.

The college kids are the prime suspects. Don’t buy anything— repurpose from the college kids. Everyone knows that the criminal gets busted by the credit card that was used to buy kitty litter.

Use old grocery bags from the college kids’ recycling bin filled with dog shit & kitty litter to jam it up. If you’re going to sabotage it, definitely make the clean up as painful as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be fascinating to know how many STers would follow through with these nefarious, destructive, potentially very expensive to remedy, and unambiguously illegal measures in their own backyard, under the same circumstances.

Surely some would. I suspect most would not.

I continue to be amazed that folks want to jump to the nuclear option despite zero conversations with the neighbor/property owner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
It would be fascinating to know how many STers would follow through with these nefarious, destructive, potentially very expensive to remedy, and unambiguously illegal measures in their own backyard, under the same circumstances.

I continue to be amazed that folks want to jump to the nuclear option despite zero conversations with the neighbor/property owner.

It’s just lighthearted fun.

We all unequivocally condemn illegal acts, violence, destruction of property, and mischief.

But please note that repurposing stuff to clog the pipe is absolutely free. And the weirder the stuff, the more likely it will be blamed on college kids. For instance, a bunch of rubber duckies— it’s guaranteed that our OP will not be the prime suspect.
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I’m thinking about this too much.

If you clog the pipe and force the water to back up, you might create some horrible water-seepage problem that causes soil subsidence or slope failure or who knows. A French drain might be the best way to take care of the water and send it away in a discreet way. It would potentially improve the aesthetics of the yard if done with tasteful landscaping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
davearm wrote:

No doubt, but it would certainly put him no the look out for shenanigans vs. maybe never even noticing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:

I guess there's a chance the drain predates the current owner acquiring the property, that being said if he was the one who had it installed I doubt he got the previous owner's permission to do it? I guess I wouldn't hold out much hope that he'll say "well you caught me, I'll fix it."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd remain open to the possibility that he didn't get "caught" at all.

Maybe it was installed by another owner, and the current owner is totally unaware.
Maybe it was installed by a contractor, and the owner never knew.
Maybe he/she just didn't think through the flooding issues it might create.

Lots of possible not-sinister explanations you haven't ruled out yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:

I think your overreacting. Windy’s bangalore torpedo isn’t nuclear tipped.

And if he really wanted to go nuclear, without blowing up his own property, he would source human remains from . . .somewhere and use those to clog the pipe. That way if it is discovered the land owner will have some other things to worry about besides the pipe.
Last edited by: chriskal: Nov 27, 21 7:58
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
davearm wrote:

And if he really wanted to go nuclear, without blowing up his own property, he would source human remains from . . .somewhere and use those to clog the pipe. That way if it is discovered the land owner will have some other things to worry about besides the pipe.

Crazy thing is, I could actually do that :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
chriskal wrote:
davearm wrote:

Crazy thing is, I could actually do that :)

I’m stunned by the creativity here. Phenomenal! Very good!

Unfortunately, if you have access to disused body parts, you’re back to being a prime suspect. I hope you’re not that creepy guy in the neighborhood already. Please take this short quiz:

Do you stand too close to people?
Do you smile peculiarly?
Do you laugh at inappropriate times?
Do you have greasy hair?
Do you have bulging eyes?
Do you have long fingers?
Do you have very pale skin?
Last edited by: CallMeMaybe: Nov 27, 21 21:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The water flow may be too strong for this.

Stuff the pipe with sticks, rocks, leaves, mud, etc. normal yard debris.

Gives you plausible deniability as you can say you were unaware of the pipe and it just clogged naturally while you were doing yard work.
Quote Reply
Re: Good way to seal... [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
The water flow may be too strong for this.

Stuff the pipe with sticks, rocks, leaves, mud, etc. normal yard debris.

Gives you plausible deniability as you can say you were unaware of the pipe and it just clogged naturally while you were doing yard work.

Are you suggesting that human remains are not natural debris?
Quote Reply

Prev Next