Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervélo Reserve 50 wheels
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been riding the Cervélo Reserve 50 wheels? How to they compare to other aero wheels.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervélo Reserve 50 wheels [Westwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone riding these wheels that can comment?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m also interested in a review/comparison to something like the HED Jet 6 or similar wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cervélo Reserve 50 wheels [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for sharing the article. Quite interesting how close all those 10 wheels are in terms of performance — less than 5W at 40km/h between the fastest and slowest.

I am considering getting a Cervelo P-Series Ultegra Di2, which is fitted with the Reserve 50. I guess there is not reason to upgrade the wheelset!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervélo Reserve 50 wheels [iamgianluca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamgianluca wrote:
Thank you for sharing the article. Quite interesting how close all those 10 wheels are in terms of performance — less than 5W at 40km/h between the fastest and slowest.

I am considering getting a Cervelo P-Series Ultegra Di2, which is fitted with the Reserve 50. I guess there is not reason to upgrade the wheelset!

I guess it depends on your perspecitve because I think 5 watts is a pretty huge difference, I think the total drag for a pair of wheels is around 30 watts, so we are talking abour a 15% in drag for an object whose shape is pretty well defined.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervélo Reserve 50 wheels [iamgianluca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The top step of the podium and gold medal goes to DT Swiss, whose Arc 1100 DiCut 62 wheels were a bit of a runaway winner, providing a CdA of 0.09217. In terms of power numbers, that's a saving of 3.87 watts at 40km/h, or 1.63 watts at 30km/h. Therefore, based on the results of our time in the wind tunnel, if you're looking to buy a new set of mid-section wheels and aerodynamics matters most, then you should be looking at these.

They also tested at -15 and +15 how often does that happen in the typical triathlon?
Last edited by: MrTri123: May 6, 23 16:27
Quote Reply