Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill that connects to Garmin Connect / Strava?
Quote | Reply
After a bad experience with a "new" brand that promoted "smart" features, and did not deliver, I am looking for a quality treadmill that will upload running data to Garmin Connect / Strava, i.e. not manual upload of running data.

I don't need any programs etc., but would like to go until 20 km/h

Any help here much appreciated. Thanks in advance

T
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill that connects to Garmin Connect / Strava? [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any reason not to record on your watch? Seems easier to get the treadmills that BT pace and grade to the watch. You could even use a "dumb" 'mill with a STRYD pod or a Runn sensor.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill that connects to Garmin Connect / Strava? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I out found that the Sole F80 and F85 connects directly to Zwift (I hope) , which should then make it fine to Strava :)
Hope it´ll work, as I ordered the F85

Thx anyway :)
Last edited by: Mulen: Oct 14, 21 20:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll need a footpod if you want cadence. The treadmill will only be able to transmit speed (and maybe incline?).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IIRC, Zwift isn't integrated into the 'mill (it has Android OS), but it does broadcast speed via BT4.0, so you can run Zwift on an iPad/Mac/PC/AppleTV that you mount on it (or somewhere viewable). Could even use an iPhone, but I've found the screen painfully small for Zwift (esp. with the bouncing during running)....would record though.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Oct 14, 21 20:13
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill that connects to Garmin Connect / Strava? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I dont need cadence. I got that dialed in just fine. Just need effort in speed and distance over time.

I will use Zwift on iPad or my PC. Should be fine then, I guess?

TIA

T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was trying for a while to sync iFit back to TP (I think I did it through fitbit or something like that), its a total PITA, not worth it.

As others said, Runn is the easiest way; just pair to watch and record indoor run. I don't bother with cadence either and its nice not to deal with the shoe pod
its very accurate for speed but useless for incline (for me), which I also don't really care about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Peloton Tread does but I actually don't use that feature anymore. I use my Garmin watch which obviously uploads to GC and Strava. I record my treadmill workouts with my watch in treadmill mode and a STRYD footpod that is dialed in for accuracy on the treadmill. This way, I get even more metrics than the treadmill would upload.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Any reason not to record on your watch? Seems easier to get the treadmills that BT pace and grade to the watch. You could even use a "dumb" 'mill with a STRYD pod or a Runn sensor.

Any thoughts on one being more accurate than the other? I’ve got both and it irritates me that if I do 10.1 miles, for example, my stryd says I did 10.11 and runn says 10.4 - which are both slightly less than the F85 I use. I’d like to believe the 10.4, but not sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My treadmill connects directly to Zwift and thus it records all data to Strava and Garmin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
I out found that the Sole F80 and F85 connects directly to Zwift (I hope) , which should then make it fine to Strava :)
Hope it´ll work, as I ordered the F85

Thx anyway :)

I have the F85 and can confirm that it connects directly to Zwift.

Though you only get one BT connection. You can't do music through its speakers and connect to Zwift at the same time. You only get either/or.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill that connects to Garmin Connect / Strava? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Timbasile. Thanks for this info - appreciated.

@Herbert: Thanks - what machine is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because Garmin Connect and Strava don't have activity UIs, you need to connect to either a software that does or a device that does to record the activity, and then just enable the integration between that and GC or Strava. Zwift is the obvious one software wise, and any decent bluetooth smart TM, or footpod, or non BT Smart TM with NPR Runn Sensor mounted (which does speed and cadence) will connect to Zwift, and you can enable the Zwift integration to GC and/or Strava. Alternatively, you can connect a BT Smart treadmill to a BT smart watch (For Garmins that's their newer models, ending in 45, the other ones do BT phone connection, but only Ant+ for sensor connections) or could do the same with the NPR Runn sensor, either over BT smart or Ant+ (works with most Garmin models that allow external sensor pairing), and then enable through your settings on the watch to automatically upload the data to GC and/or Strava.

There are some TMs that boast about smart features and bluetooth connections (for music), but that aren't actually bluetooth smart, and therefore can't directly connect to platforms like Zwift, but you can retrofit those with the Runn sensor to provide that functionality for $100 ish (or buy a smart TM)...
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill that connects to Garmin Connect / Strava? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which treadmill is this Herbert?
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill that connects to Garmin Connect / Strava? [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Runn sensor can be calibrated with NPE’s Configurez App. So if you want it to exactly match your treadmill you can do that, or if your treadmill itself isn’t calibrated and you don’t want to muck around in the menus, you could measure instantaneous speed with a well-calibrated bike speed sensor/wheel on the treadmill belt and calibrate the Runn to that.
Quote Reply