Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training resources in Wake Forest/Raleigh Durham area
Quote | Reply
Traveling for a funeral this weekend in the area while in the midst of a build for some big races in the fall. Due to the paucity of flights to and from I am going to have a lot of spare time, especially Sunday. While the temptation is to eat bbq, it would probably be a better choice to train. Any tips on good places to run or better yet, studios/spin locales for a long spin session or a good pool would be most welcome.

Oh and BBQ too.
Quote Reply
Re: Training resources in Wake Forest/Raleigh Durham area [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just google "spin gym" or whatever for Google. Too many local brands to list these days. Sure they would do a drop in class.

But IMHO, eff that. Go for a run in Umstead state park instead. I'd rather do that any day (even as a cyclist and non triathlete) than ride a spin bike. Either park in the park at the central gravel lot or run in from the NCMA for a longer run. The NCMA has some hills, paved, gravel mix good for running also in off-peak hours. NCMA gets busy for a run mid day on weekends. Umstead runs would be fine.

There's also tons of greenway around to run on, just that Umstead has less of the "off leash dog, off leash child, crowded" vibe to it like greenways can.

So I vote run in Umstead. Choice of wide gravel path routes and more of the trail runner stuff in there.
Quote Reply
Re: Training resources in Wake Forest/Raleigh Durham area [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The American Tobacco Trail is a great place to run. Starts Downtown Durham by the Ballpark and runs south for 22+miles - http://www.triangletrails.org/american-tobacco-trail
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Umstead. Trails (and shade) for miles, not too crowded, beautiful place to run. Might want to use some bug spray, but if you run fast enough and don't stop, you may not need it :-).
Quote Reply