Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It's turning out to be a red letter day
Quote | Reply
It's the first day of spring, but the Denver area was hit with a semi-significant snow storm last night that has continued into today. Hubby shoveled this morning, but since it hasn't stopped snowing, I went out again a few minutes ago for a second go-round. I was almost done with the driveway when one of the private snow plow guys drove by and plowed the rest for me. A true random act of kindness.

I'm headed off to the ST tri-babe weekend on Thursday, so went by Campus Cycles yesterday to drop off my bike for packing up. Curtis, the service manager, looked at me like I was crazy when I said I needed to have it ready today. After standing there for a few minutes silent and looking pathetic, he agreed to do it but said it probably wouldn't be ready until 5. I called just a few minutes ago, and they said it should be reading in a couple of hours (way before 5). If this happens, I will be able to ship it today and still get the reasonable good UPS shipping price.

We adopted a dog this weekend from the local shelter. He's getting neutered today and we pick him up a 4. I think his life to date (he's 2) has been very lonely, so I can't wait for him to get the full on family love that only two kids, two dog crazy adults and another dog can give. I'll post pictures as soon as I have them.

Life is good.
Quote Reply
Re: It's turning out to be a red letter day [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Life is good."

Yes it is. Continue to enjoy it.
Quote Reply
Re: It's turning out to be a red letter day [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Life is good.

It's always better than the alternative. :) Glad you're enjoying the day. Have fun in Cali.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: It's turning out to be a red letter day [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it seems like a good day for everyone - except the dog.

"Ha Ha Ha, Biff. Guess what?
After we go to the drug store and the post office,
I'm going to the vet's to get tutored!"

Quote Reply
Re: It's turning out to be a red letter day [tridexter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Tis true. Alex is certainly not appreciating the presence of our new dog Achilles, and Achilles is certainly not appreciating being stuck in the laundry room where he's supposed to remain calm because he just had surgery.
Quote Reply