Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: gun chat [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Military time is Classified information 🤔

Years ago I was hiking / camping solo 3 scruffy dudes approached my site I just set up.
They were somewhat friendly but given the remote location and 3 of them and 1 of me I was uncomfortable.
I saw them coming and made my side arm visible that put me in control and they moved on after some small talk.
Still was not real comfortable with the possibility of them coming back at night so pulled up camp and moved.

So three dudes out in the middle of nowhere are there with the intention of killing someone and stealing their tent?

I think in many cases just having a gun makes a person have the wrong mentality.

Were they going to kill me don’t know but it did not feel right , weird crazy shit does happen.
Ever see the movie Deliverance?

Wrong mentality if you have a gun? Being prepared to protect yourself it’s a good thing.
Quote Reply
Re: gun chat [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
Tik wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:
Do clay pigeons count as defense?

That and targets is all I’ve got.

A bunch of friends and I went to classes after a friend had a bad trailer wreck and had to watch her horse writhe in pain til someone with a gun ended his misery.

I hope they count. I'm a coach on a youth shooting team for clays. Last weekend was our state tournament. Just our team alone shot 3000 rounds at those pesky clays. Ten kids, 300 shot gun shells each. If you counted the whole shoot it would be roughly 36K shots fired over 2 days.

Defensive never.

You mean to tell me that that many kids and that many guns and there wasn't a single mass shooting. I, for one, am truly shocked. /pink

Yep expensive guns at that. Did a Western regional shoot in Vegas this spring and there was 840 ish shooters. Figure 300 rounds each, 100 for each event of trap, skeet, and sporting clays. That's 252K shot gun shells fired not counting practice rounds. That's a whole lot of lead thrown over 3 days. Our kids even took home some hardware which was super cool.
Quote Reply
Re: gun chat [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Ever see the movie Deliverance?

Deliverance is a true story? Oh boy.
Quote Reply
Re: gun chat [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hiking in the woods with some buddies. We set up camp nearby a guy camping on his own. We tried to be friendly as we planned to be there a few days.

During conversation, he made his weapon visible to us Dirty harry Style and stared us out, we went, wow, this guys is out there. He walked to ward us making small talk, the whole time resting his shooting hand on his Magnum.

We made some small talk and got the hell out of there. We drove back through there the next day and he was gone. The guy at the local store told us later to watch out for that guy, he has been seen doing this lately.
Quote Reply
Re: gun chat [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did he ask you to squeal like a pig?
Quote Reply
Re: gun chat [justcallmejoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should become a novel written on ST
Quote Reply

Prev Next