Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo Speedplays
Quote | Reply
Hi, I've used Speedplays before and liked them but struggled to find them in the advertised 56mm, needed a wider q angle. Used to find them hard to clip into, so I tried the light action ones which were too easy to unclip, great for others but dangerous for me.

I'm keen to buy the Wahoo version because they've made some improvements. But they offer standard and easy tension, will the easy tension ones be like the old Light Action version, because in that case I'll go for the standard tension.

I noticed with the old Speedplays, that after greasing them they were really easy to clip in and out of, but need a longer spindle.

Anyone tried them?
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo Speedplays [Nat0109] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nat0109 wrote:
Hi, I've used Speedplays before and liked them but struggled to find them in the advertised 56mm, needed a wider q angle. Used to find them hard to clip into, so I tried the light action ones which were too easy to unclip, great for others but dangerous for me.

I'm keen to buy the Wahoo version because they've made some improvements. But they offer standard and easy tension, will the easy tension ones be like the old Light Action version, because in that case I'll go for the standard tension.

I noticed with the old Speedplays, that after greasing them they were really easy to clip in and out of, but need a longer spindle.

Anyone tried them?

i have ridden quite a few miles on the new easy tension cleats. i don't find them in any way a problem. i find that it's far easier to click out of garden variety egg beaters (for example). here is my take on the news speedplays.

note, however, that you'll need to make a special effort to get what you want. like, a double purchase. if i remember right. if you want to get longer spindles (anything but 53mm) that won't come in the comp pedal, you must get the zero. but the easy tension only comes standard in the comp. so, if you're worried about easy tension being too easy, you don't have to. that isn't the cleat that'll come with your pedal.

one bonus to the pedal you would get is that the wraps for the cleat, and this is a prime part of what makes this pedal aero. you can read a lot more about it all in this thread.

i have also used the standard new cleats. i have the standards on one pair of shoes, easy tension on the other. they both work fine for me.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply