Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Renn disc
Quote | Reply
How do I identify the model Renn disc wheel I have? All that I see is the yellow Renn logo
Quote Reply
Re: Renn disc [Gblack76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the valve cutout. 575 has somekind of cardboard colored honeycomb structure. 555 is black material.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post a picture
Quote Reply
Re: Renn disc [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has the black honeycomb
Quote Reply
Re: Renn disc [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Renn disc [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if Renn still makes disc wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Renn disc [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time I see a Renn post I get excited and check the website to see if there is more info on new wheels. Since the site is still being updated, I assume he is still in business

Front page and gallery were updated with pictures since the last time I checked. The product page mentioning "NEW 55Å" wheels has not: http://www.rennmultisport.com/products
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe not all that helpful, but there is a serial number etched on the outward-facing rim surface. Given that these rims are meant to be installed nude (no rim tape) it should be pretty easily accessible. My Renn 555 has one of these.

What you would then do with the serial number is another question, though. It doesn't seem to contain anything that clearly identifies the model. Perhaps Frank could confirm the model from the serial number if you asked nicely :-).

Picture and article.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...isc_review_4051.html

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Renn disc [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed Frank this morning. He responded very quickly. He can still make disc wheels. Two to three day build time. $795. Assuming this is the 555 model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one back in the day. It was a noodle, rubbed the chainstays every time I put down the power or got out of the saddle.
Sure sounded cool going down the road though. LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Renn disc [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love my Renn disc!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Renn disc [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Love my Renn disc!

+1

Never had any rubbing issues (and I'm 180lbs.), and that rumble has to be worth at least 10 watts.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: May 5, 21 21:09
Quote Reply