Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Strong 70.3 runners: how do you feel coming off the bike? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not a good idea to jack up fueling intake during the first hour of the bike right after a hard swim. Give your stomach some time to settle. Dave Scott used to wait 1 hrs. I don't think this amount of time is neccessary, but maybe in a half IM after 30 min to allow your body some time to adjust from lying down to sitting.

Did you try the hard swim + bike combo workout yet, or are you ignoring the impact of the swim (because you can't measure that you went at 105-110% swim FTP during the swim)?
Quote Reply
Re: Strong 70.3 runners: how do you feel coming off the bike? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't, yet. However, I've never "trained" nutrition hard before. It's one thing to dial in nutrition during a single race-pace session, but forcing my body through that after a hard swim is a great idea.

A question for you: Can your digestive system be "trained" like your cardiovascular system? We put quite a bit of stock in training load, etc., but does forcing my gut to process concentrated fuel during training actually improve it's ability to process calories more effectively?

There was a rumor floating around that TO used to purposely eat huge sandwiches and then go for a run just to simulate running with a bunch of food in his stomach... I don't know if that's true, much less advisable? Plus, I know that Cody Beals eats super heavy food in training because he said he knows that if his body can process that food in training, the sport-specific nutrition he utilizes on race day would be a complete nonissue.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next