Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Show down in Green Bay [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I know nothing about the girl that he is marrying, but every picture I see of her makes me think that she could be a huge negative distraction. There is something in her eyes that give the vibe of "If you don't treat me like a princess and do whatever I tell you, I will make your life a living hell".

Maybe it is just a look that she has for the camera, but I've had that reaction several times.

I think you're confused on who the princess is in that relationship
Quote Reply
Re: Show down in Green Bay [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will swap you Goff and you don't have to even give us any draft picks, the salary cap hit will be enough.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turd Ferguson was at the Kentucky Derby.

I wonder what kind of statement he is trying make.

(Turd Ferguson was on a SNL Jeopardy skit- AR is very interested in hosting Jeopardy.)

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Show down in Green Bay [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am convinced he is not going to suit up in Green Bay. He has too many options from Game show host to ad pitch man to tv or movies in Hollywood.

The packers front office is saying what they need to say to get maximum trade value and out of their salary cap hit. But A-Aron is done with them like Brady was done with the Pats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The Packers are

signing...

BORTLES!

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The packers are sending Rodgers to Cleveland and a 3rd to Houston. Cleveland is sending Baker and a 4th to Houston. Houston is sending Watson to GB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When karaoke in Hawaii is chosen over OTAs, your QB might not be that serious about playing for your team.

https://247sports.com/...-Love-NFL-165725136/

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Article 21-1 of the CBA:

Quote:
No player shall be required to attend or participate in any offseason workout program or classroom instruction of a Club other than as provided in Article 22. Any other Club offseason workout programs and classroom instruction sessions shall be strictly voluntary and shall take place in the manner and time period set forth in this Article.

Article 21-5(a):

Quote:
No Club official may indicate to a player that the Club's offseason workout program or classroom instruction is not voluntary (or that a player's failure to participate in a workout program or classroom instruction will result in the player's failure to make the Club or result in any other adverse consequences affecting his working conditions).

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Show down in Green Bay [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Article 21-1 of the CBA:

Quote:
No player shall be required to attend or participate in any offseason workout program or classroom instruction of a Club other than as provided in Article 22. Any other Club offseason workout programs and classroom instruction sessions shall be strictly voluntary and shall take place in the manner and time period set forth in this Article.

Article 21-5(a):

Quote:
No Club official may indicate to a player that the Club's offseason workout program or classroom instruction is not voluntary (or that a player's failure to participate in a workout program or classroom instruction will result in the player's failure to make the Club or result in any other adverse consequences affecting his working conditions).

Of course they are voluntary... but:

Quote:
Rodgers has never missed the technically voluntary workouts during his first 16 NFL seasons

You tell me.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schefter tweets:

Quote:
Packers’ QB Aaron Rodgers is not expected to attend Green Bay’s mandatory minicamp that starts Tuesday, per sources. Green Bay could opt to fine him $93,085 for his absences or it could make it an excused absence and waive the fine. But Rodgers is not expected there.
Mandatory.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, a player can blow off OTAs [and many do] but mini-camp is a whole different ball game

$93K out of how many millions he's got? His State Farm gig alone could cover that

Not a whole lot of "Ouch!" there

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The biggest difference between this a any other quarrel between a QB and the front office is that with other teams, the owner can remove the problem [fire the GM for example], and keep the QB

Packers don't have that structure, as far as I know

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adam Schefter tweets:

Quote:
This off-season, the Packers offered Aaron Rodgers a two-year contract extension that would have tied him to Green Bay for five more seasons and made him the highest-paid QB and player in football.
Rodgers declined the offer, proof it’s not about the money.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Jul 20, 21 6:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Good times in Green Bay. How to kill a team in 4 easy steps.

1. Mishandle QB1 (a drama queen) for years.
2. Draft a QB without telling QB1.
3. Mishandle fall out with QB1.
4. Watch WR1 flip you the bird because he knows QB1 is done.

Quote:
It’s not just Aaron Rodgers: The
#Packers and star WR Davante Adams have broken off long-term extension talks. There are no current plans to resume them. The two sides have been negotiating for months, but they are now in a bad place, sources say. First the QB, now the No. 1 WR.

From Ian Rapoport.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Jul 23, 21 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, Adams too?

This is getting ugly
Quote Reply
Re: Show down in Green Bay [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
Wow, Adams too?

This is getting ugly

Almost makes me miss.. what was his name?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Show down in Green Bay [Helltrack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sources are saying... this was just a bunch of drama.

The Packers are bending over for AAron this season.

Quote:
The agreement in principle would include an approximation of the following conditions that the two sides now are finalizing to alleviate and address some of Rodgers' issues before the opening of Tuesday's training camp:
* The 2023 year in Rodgers' contract -- the last one in his current deal -- would be voided, with no tags allowed in the future.
* The Packers would agree to review Rodgers' situation at the end of this season.
* Rodgers' contract would be adjusted with no loss of income to give the Packers more cap room now.
* Mechanisms will be put in place to address Rodgers' issues with the team.

https://www.espn.com/...e-season-sources-say

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next