Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [sweathog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. 1969 blows it all out...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_in_music
Quote Reply
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
i present, without comment, billboard's year-end charts for 1991:

https://en.wikipedia.org/..._100_singles_of_1991

Holy shit, I'll comment, Color Me Badd had two singles in the top 20! We should just pretend 1991 never happened.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

Holy shit, I'll comment, Color Me Badd had two singles in the top 20! We should just pretend 1991 never happened.

Who cares about Hit Singles? This is a Classic Rock, album-oriented, radio station ... um, thread

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [Hydro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydro wrote:
Yes!! Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins were openers for the Chili Pepper's BSSM tour. They played on campus at RPI in upstate NY that fall. Still the best concert I've ever seen and it was free to students. So much winning!

We got Rollins Band opening on the BSSM tour in the UK - not that that wasn't cool, but I would have loved to have seen Pearl Jam open for them. Especially in the small (~2k capacity) club they played.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

The #3 single of 91, Everybody Dance now by C&C Music factory is notable because the singer wasn't shown. Ever.

She's not her.
She's not in the video. She wasn't in any press info.

No, the singer is Martha Wash. Marsha Wash had a big Hi-NRG hit in 1982.

Martha was one half of The Weather Girls
Quote Reply
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting piece of trivia.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Hydro wrote:
Yes!! Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins were openers for the Chili Pepper's BSSM tour. They played on campus at RPI in upstate NY that fall. Still the best concert I've ever seen and it was free to students. So much winning!

The other cool on-campus concert that year was Public Enemy with Anthrax opening. I worked backstage at that one and got to talk with Flavor Flav, Chuck D, and Scott Ian throughout the night - all three were super nice and down-to-earth guys.

Saw both those shows at RPI. I was at SUNY Albany at the time.

I believe Primus opened up for PE and Anthrax.

RPI Field House had a lot of kickass shows. Especially during that 1990-1992 timeframe. Trying to think of other shows I saw there during that time. Jane’s Addiction during the Ritual de lo Habitual tour. Living Colour. Neil Young/Sonic Youth/Social Distortion. Other shows I saw there not at the Field House but at smaller venues on campus were Bob Mould, Rollins Band, and Camper Van Beethoven.

Forgot to add They Might Be Giants to the list of shows I saw at the McNeil Room at RPI.

I was searching historical lists of concerts at RPI to see what else I may have seen and came across this photo of Bob Mould's show at RPI in October 1990. Believed to be from the Albany Time Union review of the show.

Notice the comment with the picture. It was the loudest fucking concert I have ever seen and blame my tinnitus on it. The show was on a Sunday night. I didn't go to classes again until Wednesday or Thursday. I was actually near deaf for a couple of days. The following weekend was Rollins Band if memory serves. Which certainly didn't help.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:

Where is that vomit emoji.....

Quote Reply
Re: 6 great albums in 6 weeks - The Fall That Rocked the World - 1991 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Hydro wrote:

The other cool on-campus concert that year was Public Enemy with Anthrax opening. I worked backstage at that one and got to talk with Flavor Flav, Chuck D, and Scott Ian throughout the night - all three were super nice and down-to-earth guys.

Saw both those shows at RPI. I was at SUNY Albany at the time.

I believe Primus opened up for PE and Anthrax.

RPI Field House had a lot of kickass shows. Especially during that 1990-1992 timeframe. Trying to think of other shows I saw there during that time. Jane’s Addiction during the Ritual de lo Habitual tour. Living Colour. Neil Young/Sonic Youth/Social Distortion. Other shows I saw there not at the Field House but at smaller venues on campus were Bob Mould, Rollins Band, and Camper Van Beethoven.

Forgot to add They Might Be Giants to the list of shows I saw at the McNeil Room at RPI.

I was searching historical lists of concerts at RPI to see what else I may have seen and came across this photo of Bob Mould's show at RPI in October 1990. Believed to be from the Albany Time Union review of the show.

Notice the comment with the picture. It was the loudest fucking concert I have ever seen and blame my tinnitus on it. The show was on a Sunday night. I didn't go to classes again until Wednesday or Thursday. I was actually near deaf for a couple of days. The following weekend was Rollins Band if memory serves. Which certainly didn't help.

I had a similar experience (including standing that close) when I saw Aerosmith in the mid-80s when they first got cleaned up and Joe Perry and Brad Whitford rejoined the band. General admission show and I was right up front the whole time with Joe Perry right in front of me. Couldn’t hear for a few days afterwards but it was unbelievable. I have tinnitus to this day and it’s likely from going to tons of concerts in smaller venues when I was younger.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply

Prev Next