Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Things I am done with [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Along those lines, I laugh when folks brag on Strava calling their bike group or solo rides "rips" and average like 20 mph.

20 mph for a solo ride is pretty legit. If you are not a racer it’s super legit!
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Engner66 wrote:
Along those lines, I laugh when folks brag on Strava calling their bike group or solo rides "rips" and average like 20 mph.

20 mph for a solo ride is pretty legit. If you are not a racer it’s super legit!

Ok so, 20 mph solo ride, on the road bike, with a few stop signs, at least 1,500 m elevation gain over 4 hours..then ok..that's a legit "rip"
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Engner66 wrote:

classic slowtwitch!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
lightheir wrote:
Engner66 wrote:

Ok so, 20 mph solo ride, on the road bike, with a few stop signs, at least 1,500 m elevation gain over 4 hours..then ok..that's a legit "rip"

Yeah, elevation is needed for a solo ride to "rip".

Last night our weeknight worlds we shed most everyone early. The four of us left rotated averaging 25mph for 30mi with about 45 feet per mile. Taking out the miles for warmup/cooldown chilling.

That was a "rip" for me at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [Traphaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As of a few years ago - I'm done riding in cold weather unless its a race. I don't enjoy freezing my ass off and am fine with the indoor trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm obviously getting older b/c I'm done with

bombing downhill at 50+
thinking work revolves around my training schedule
watching everything I eat cause it's going to affect my racing
riding and running outside when it's 30 degrees or below. I'd rather race on rouvy now than be uncomfortable for an hour+

I'm sure there are more, but my mind is having memory retention problems

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Expensive bikes.

I started doing triathlons to keep fit - I can do that on an old bike - I don't see how a £5k bike will make me any fitter.

And I'm not bothered if I finish 73rd or 75th in a race.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [alexie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [CJMcF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJMcF wrote:
Expensive bikes.

I started doing triathlons to keep fit - I can do that on an old bike - I don't see how a £5k bike will make me any fitter.

And I'm not bothered if I finish 73rd or 75th in a race.

I totally agree. And how many places difference do you think a new expensive bike would really make, anyways? Very few, i would guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done with 5-6 AM workouts.

Always feeling stiff and shitty, with poor numbers and ending beat up more than I should.
So my day takes longer and I end up with not enough sleep and my training progress stalls.
Tried for months and years. Nada, waste of time.

Adrenaline on race day gets me ready and sharp.
But I don’t need that stress daily.

And even if there’s some downside yet to find, life for me is just better this way.
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 19, 21 14:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
lightheir wrote:
Engner66 wrote:

I'm done with people who think they get to decide the criteria by which other people's performances will be judged as deserving respect or ridicule.
Your opinion on this is irrelevant. The only person being judged is you.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cranky old guy at the Y here. I’m done with spring break and on-line learning, go back to physical school and get out of the gym. You’re just sitting on the equipment and looking at your iPhone anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back door brags.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Messing around with wheel-on trainers, even though my useless student budget doesn't allow me to actually be done with them.
- expensive goggles. I bought a pair of lime-green kids goggles at my pool out of desperation, and they fit better than anything I've ever used. Also I lose goggles all the time.
- Any online discussion about nutrition. not going there. no thank you.
- fasted training for anything other than convenience reasons.
- Women's jerseys. They look dumb and never fit me right. Also is there any difference in women's shoes or do they just make them in less practical colours?
Quote Reply
Re: Things I am done with [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been debating posting this every time the thread comes up. Thank you
Quote Reply

Prev Next