Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shiv disc - hydration bladder cleaning
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any formal instructions, ie video, printed manual, or otherwise on the correct process to clean the new shiv disc integrated water storage system? It seems that every time you take the rear plastic “fin” off to access the bladder liner, it requires completely disassembling the cockpit to be able to “feed” back the long hydration hose through the frame and back up through the head tube when reinstalling it, or in my case a trip to the bike shop to do it for me.

I only use the bladder for long training rides/races but when I do, afterwards I’ve been dropping a couple tablets of bottle bright bladder cleaner in with clean water. Then I have to physically siphon out the water thought the hose and spit it out to empty it, Like 100 times until it’s empty. This is insane and there has to be a better way to clean this thing without disassembling the cockpit.

I used to have the previous model shiv with integrated hydration and the bladder was much easier to pull out and clean. I’m starting to feel like the new design is a flawed gimmick and specialized tried to fix something that wasn’t broken.

I’ve had the bike for a year now and at first I could understand why there wasn’t many posts or YouTube videos about the new shiv being that it was so new, everything you search for regarding mechanical/maintenance of the shiv all pertains to the old model. I’m shocked that still today no one even on slow twitch has addressed this problem or any amateur triathletes have posted to YouTube.

Maybe I am a complete goober and in need of public shaming via slowtwitch forum to get my question answered, so let me have it. Any input appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv disc - hydration bladder cleaning [mattdlundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://player.vimeo.com/video/350210418

Here is a video that shows you how to do it- you're definitely doing it wrong if you're having to disassemble the cockpit each time you do it.
It takes me less than 2 mins to do it now.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv disc - hydration bladder cleaning [shammad10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you removing the tube from the frame each time, or disconnecting the bladder from the tube?

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv disc - hydration bladder cleaning [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually just pull the tube through completely- Just pull it out from the nosecone area then pull the bladder out while pushing the tube, helps it come through. Once you can get to the tube you can just pull it out easily.
For inserting it, I do exactly what the video shows- feed the bendy thing in through the nosecone, attach to the tube then just pull it all through.
Quote Reply