Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Kevin!

Is TFA aerobars lateral bolt spacing (side to side, I mean left and right) is 126mm right?
If not, please correct me.

I purchased TFE and received it just yesterday and I think there's a problem with
FSA code No. 670-0339000680. V0208 Longer Hydration Extension.

This pieces of engineering plastic have indentation on both side (up and bottom) I mean, both side of it are female. There's no male part (normal TFA spacer have male on the top and female on the bottom).

But FSA code NO. 670-0279000050. E0678 Angle Adjustment Bracket Upper & Lower with bolts & Nut which go on the extension parts has female bottom too.

Unlike the base bars which have spacer slot (I mean male protrusion) to prevent spacers twisting, the extension plastic have no male parts and It really concerns me.

Is there any problem with them?

Summary:

Q1. Is lateral bolt spacing of TFA spacers 126mm? (fore and apt is 38mm)

Q2. Is it really OK to use the extension without any holding mechanism and just bolt it to 7NM?

Q3. How much torque do I have to apply to fix TFE extensions on FSA code No. 670-0355000010 ME388 Bridge.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please email me pictures of your hydration system spacers at Kevin@fullspeedahead.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Kevin!

I sent an email. And If it does not bother you could you also answer another questions too?

Thanks for your help and I greatly appreciate it.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Kevin,

I do have an Orbea Ordu (https://www.orbea.com/...rdu/cat/ordu-m20iltd) which have the Vision s-bend (https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...ed-extensions-s-bend).
Of course I could change to the J-bend instead but I was looking into if I could use the TFE Pro to get the angle up even more to be able to use the mantis position better.
Would it be possible to mount the TFE pro to the plate on the Orbea handlebar (yes, I know that there will be 2 holes for the existing areobars when they are gone)?
Any other suggestions to the the angle up more (I do have these too https://ultimateuse.com/...n-hi-rise-extensions, but would like to have some aerobars to let my underarms rest on the bars)?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [pdais97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes what you are proposing would work. I have a new Orbea Ordu and I tried some TFE Pros on the Ordu extension plate. They bolt on just fine.

I couldn't get comfortable with the TFE Pros so I switched back to normal extensions, but that's a separate issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the answer Nelo,

May I ask what the comfortable issue was?
Where you able to get the angle up so that it was like Mantis position?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [pdais97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should be able to get 30 degrees (15 from the 3 Ordu wedges and 15 built into the TFE Pro).

I couldn't get my shoulders comfortable on the TFE Pros, there is something funky about their shape that didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try to tinker some more in the future. (I'm more a broad shouldered/long thin limbs body type, FWIW).

The TFE Pros are very very cool, so if you could get them to work, that would be great. I was planning on using a custom mounting plate instead of the Ordu extension plate due to the unused holes etc. Basically the Ordu would be ideal for a simple flat carbon plate cut and drilled for the TFE Pros. Two center holes drilled for mounting to the aero riser post. Holes drilled out to the side to mount the TFE Pros (or holes drilled to mount the TFE Pro clip-on extension adaptors--just the top half not the circular clamps).

I'm sure Vision will tell you not to do some of the above....
Last edited by: Nelo: Aug 5, 21 15:59
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's aerobar accessories (more options for speedbar like products) [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My soon to be released model should fit for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

Do you think you can use angled spacers to increase the angle even more?
Such as
https://drag2zero.co.uk/...hims/?v=f003c44deab6
https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/...-aerobars-p202236391

Or something similar...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pdais97 wrote:
Hello Kevin,

I do have an Orbea Ordu (https://www.orbea.com/...rdu/cat/ordu-m20iltd) which have the Vision s-bend (https://shop.visiontechusa.com/...ed-extensions-s-bend).
Of course I could change to the J-bend instead but I was looking into if I could use the TFE Pro to get the angle up even more to be able to use the mantis position better.
Would it be possible to mount the TFE pro to the plate on the Orbea handlebar (yes, I know that there will be 2 holes for the existing areobars when they are gone)?
Any other suggestions to the the angle up more (I do have these too https://ultimateuse.com/...n-hi-rise-extensions, but would like to have some aerobars to let my underarms rest on the bars)?

hmmm I think you mistakenly replied to my question but I can give you some help.

To use TFE on your ordu you have machine ordu specific adapter plate. TFE extension sits on the bridge which comes with it and has tons of holes for bike fitting. The holes on the bridge are m4 size and 7.5mm spacing each (fore-apt and laterally)

What you have to make is a plate which have tons of m4 screw holes and some m5 holes (to fasten it onto your ordu pivoting plate). I recommend machining carbon plates or properly heat treated 7075 aluminum alloy.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure I would recommend using those angled spacers as most people use them, one per side. I think the TFE Pro really needs a wider support base underneath it. One thin angled spacer might be sketchy in my opinion. Remember that with the TFE Pro you are supporting the extension and the cup on the same contact point whereas with a traditional setup you have a cup/pad on an angled spacer then an extension secured to something else.

What I would do is have TWO angled spacers under each TFE Pro, even if only one was attached to the underlying Ordu extension bridge. So have one angled spacer attached to the extension bridge and the TFE Pro and one just attached to the TFE Pro (but resting on the extension bridge to provide a stable base for the TFE Pro.

That might be overly conservative, maybe you could order a set of the angled spacers and see how secure the setup is.

pdais97 wrote:
Thanks,
Do you think you can use angled spacers to increase the angle even more?
Such as...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking of having two too, one on each "pad".
So I think that we thought about the same thing.
I already have those ones from my old bike.
So need to order the tfe pro to be able to try it out.

Can you confirm that you didn't have to modify any screws to make it suit on the bridge?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually proposing you use 4 total, 2 for each pad. But I would try it with the angled spacers you already have and see if you need more support for the TFE Pro base.

Yes, I just used normal bolts to attach the TFE Pro to the Ordu bridge (I can't remember if I used the stock bolts from the Ordu or the TFE Pro...but just match the bolt head profile of the TFE Pro and the bolt size with the Ordu bridge).

pdais97 wrote:
I was thinking of having two too, one on each "pad".
So I think that we thought about the same thing.
I already have those ones from my old bike.
So need to order the tfe pro to be able to try it out.

Can you confirm that you didn't have to modify any screws to make it suit on the bridge?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One last question before I order it.
Was is it simple to install Di2 ?
I would assume that you would need to let the cable out in the back if the TFE and then in thru the back of the extensions whole that are not used anymore.

Edit: Did find this link to a EF video, https://www.youtube.com/...Bb8s7Z4qzg&t=68s.
Last edited by: pdais97: Aug 6, 21 11:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have eTap, so I don't know how Di2 works at all :)

But yes the wire pops out at the back of the pad as shown on the video.

Also, I think that video shows the TFE(no tilt), not TFE Pro (15% tilt built in) which I have and I think you are looking to buy.

pdais97 wrote:
One last question before I order it.
Was is it simple to install Di2 ?
I would assume that you would need to let the cable out in the back if the TFE and then in thru the back of the extensions whole that are not used anymore.

Edit: Did find this link to a EF video, https://www.youtube.com/...Bb8s7Z4qzg&t=68s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, probably tfe as it was ef cycling team in the video
thanks
Quote Reply

Prev Next