Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Ultimate Solution For Slipping FELT IA Arm rest
Quote | Reply

My bike is Felt IA disc 2020 (integrated bars) and Felt IAs are well known for their well-slipping arm pads..
(I Fxxxing hate you felt. why don't you make a sturdy integrated mechanism like P design's J5 bracket?)

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...r_slippage_P6347258/

I also experienced the phenomena on the first ride. When I rode over a decent bump, pads slipped 4mm downward.

I searched for remedies and got some info. It was greasing bolts and using carbon fibre pastes.
Even though that unpleasant event never reoccurred after I adopted the method, It was always nerving me (especially whenever I go over pot holes.)

So I machined 3mm thickness carbon plate to make a bar to stop both arm pad slipping downward
and to replace stock alloy bridge.

And there's another reason: I bought a pair of carbon extensions(for weightweeniesm...) and It was not assured that it will not slip again!
-Felt pad slips even on the rough surface of alloy extension. What about on the smooth surface of carbon bars???

I could use aluminium alloy (AL6081, 7085 are fine but 6061 is too soft) but I wanted to do some Weighweenies-ish thing Haha.
For I do not have any proper tools to machine CFRP, I called a machinist in my vicinity and paid some $s

I removed stock alloy bridge(5mm thickness) and put 2 carbon plates (6mm total)
All I needed was four~six 15mm M5 counter sink head bolts. How simple?

Stay home, stay healthy.
Last edited by: Peter Ghimme: Mar 8, 21 6:49
Quote Reply
Re: The Ultimate Solution For Slipping FELT IA Arm rest [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive been riding Felt for years and its always been an issue. On my new bike its annoyingly happening again. I am thinking of a little JB Weld. Ive tried the bolt grease, carbon prep etc...to no avail.
Quote Reply
Re: The Ultimate Solution For Slipping FELT IA Arm rest [Dudaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my... that's the worst case I've ever heard of.... hope you fix yours soon.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: The Ultimate Solution For Slipping FELT IA Arm rest [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting have had the same problem til I realized my extensions were aluminum. Turns out the extensions were turning. The torque specs were for carbon. Was able to tighten the problem away.
Quote Reply