Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Enough vaccines for everyone by the end of May [r7950] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r7950 wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
This is definitely good news, but there is a downside. Unless we figure out how to administer them more quickly it really doesn’t matter whether it’s end of May or end of August. I recall the per day administration being capped at 1.5M doses. We are at roughly 75M given (between 1st and fully vaccinated). So best case at capacity is roughly another 6+mos for 100% of the population which won’t be the case anyway. I’m very curious as to what the final percentage will be.

The Bloomberg vaccine tracker would like to disagree with your 1.5M cap. The weekly average is now over 1.9M per day. At that rate, 75% of adults could be vaccinated by August 5th. When I first looked at the tracker in late January, at 1.25M per day, we were looking at early November to reach that level. Adding the Johnson vaccine to the mix should rapidly improve the timeline even more.

That’s good to hear. Clearly I was not looking at current data. After reading the rest of the thread I guess I’m on the optimistic side that 80%+ will get one of the vaccines. It’s going to be interesting as it looks like the season of spreader events come shortly after the vaccinations conclude. Is COVID going to be completely out of the news cycle come January?
Quote Reply
Re: Enough vaccines for everyone by the end of May [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFortMill wrote:
Is there any science to confirm that if an individual tested positive for COVID-19 in last 6 months with MILD symptoms, that receiving the vaccine will provide ANY protection to that individual OR others they are in contact?

What’s the confidence level it would take for you to get the vaccine? If they, and you’re going to have to define who you believe “they” to be, say research has shown getting the vaccine will likely have some effect on transmission will that be enough?
Quote Reply
Re: Enough vaccines for everyone by the end of May [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
TriFortMill wrote:
Is there any science to confirm that if an individual tested positive for COVID-19 in last 6 months with MILD symptoms, that receiving the vaccine will provide ANY protection to that individual OR others they are in contact?

What’s the confidence level it would take for you to get the vaccine? If they, and you’re going to have to define who you believe “they” to be, say research has shown getting the vaccine will likely have some effect on transmission will that be enough?

Trump asks him to.
Quote Reply
Re: Enough vaccines for everyone by the end of May [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daustin wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:
I was going to patiently wait and let higher risk people get in line ahead of me.

Thanks to our governor, my entire state is high risk as of 3/10.

Can't get the vaccine soon enough!

when they say I can get the shot I’m getting the shot. I’m certainly not looking around and evaluating who should or should not go ahead of me.

If I’m at the pharmacy at end of day and they have extra doses to offer I’m jumping at the chance.
You have to jump because there are no names on the needles. Not all seniors are being called upon to be vaccinated, in fact, friends and I have made multiple appointments and attempts to get a few taken care of. The logistics in some areas are stupid so to some degree it becomes a free for all.
The shelter where I volunteer is trying to get In n Out involved to draw people in for a one shot deal no matter the age. For every shot given, a patient will receive a cheeseburger. More of the public will show up then than on regular In n Out burger days.

Prev Next