Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
I'm thinking' that Sarah Palin would be a perfect match.

Those two for sure will take our country to infinity and beyond .... !

SHe could teach Trump how to capitalize off an election for personal gain without the nuisance of having to take the job.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Putin

Gaetz

MyPillow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The chatter is they are considering someone black or a woman, or both. Noem or Tim Scott are current frontrunners (source: Bloomberg).

It's also interesting that all the talk of a third party has gone away, though not surprising. It doesn't take a genius to realize that if Trump started a "Patriot Party" it would sink both his and the GOP's chances of taking the White House.

This is also likely why McConnell recently said he would support Trump if he were the nominee in 2024. McConnell would rather hold his nose and support Trump than see Biden/Harris stay in the White House.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
This is also likely why McConnell recently said he would support Trump if he were the nominee in 2024. McConnell would rather hold his nose and support Trump than see Biden/Harris stay in the White House.

That's the biggest non-story of this whole thing. Of course the Senate party leader is going to back the party's selected candidate for the job! George Mitchell was never going to say Clinton was a bad choice. Howard Baker didn't say Reagan was a bad choice - Baker even ran against Reagan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think trump realized forming his own party doesn’t let him capitalize off the entire GOP.

I think he isn’t actually going to run in 2024. He knows he will lose. But he will fund raise for himself, similar to “stop the steal”. Something like make America great foundation. Take half of the money and give the other half to the gop for fundraising.

He will also force GOP members to give him money for his support in primaries. You couldn’t do that if you have already separated the party.

He will also want large conventions at his resorts. Harder to do without the backing of your party.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

That's the biggest non-story of this whole thing. Of course the Senate party leader is going to back the party's selected candidate for the job! George Mitchell was never going to say Clinton was a bad choice. Howard Baker didn't say Reagan was a bad choice - Baker even ran against Reagan.

We should probably never be surprised at how low Mitch McConnell will stoop, but it's not really a non-story in the context of McConnell's speech in the Senate after the impeachment vote. In recent history, to my knowledge no-one has ever said such scathing things about a person in office and then a few days later said they would again support their candidacy.

Here are some quotes:

"Former President Trump's actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty."

"There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day.
The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president.
And their having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth."

"many politicians sometimes make overheated comments or use metaphors that unhinged listeners might take literally.
This was different.
This was an intensifying crescendo of conspiracy theories, orchestrated by an outgoing president who seemed determined to either overturn the voters' decision or else torch our institutions on the way out."

"It was obvious that only President Trump could end this.
Former aides publicly begged him to do so. Loyal allies frantically called the administration.
But the president did not act swiftly. He did not do his job. He didn't take steps so federal law could be faithfully executed, and order restored."

"Even after it was clear to any reasonable observer that Vice President Pence was in danger, even as the mob carrying Trump banners was beating cops and breaching perimeters, the president sent a further tweet attacking his vice president.
Predictably and foreseeably under the circumstances, members of the mob seemed to interpret this as further inspiration to lawlessness and violence."

"And even then, with police officers bleeding and broken glass covering Capitol floors, he kept repeating election lies and praising the criminals."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So what you are saying is Mitch is a POS, sorry I meant politician.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

McConnell said or implied Trump was a bad choice both before the 2016 election and after 2020 election. Not that it matters because he also said the opposite.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
So what you are saying is Mitch is a POS, sorry I meant politician.

I think McConnell was hoping Trump's star would fade, and his speech would help that process. He may yet be right, but he now realizes that Trump will likely stay relevant at least for the mid-terms in 2022 and possibly beyond. So he's done a quick recalibration. But yes, he's a spineless POS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson and you can book that one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You people need to seek help. Trump is not running, if he does he will not get the nomination.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFortMill wrote:
This country is going to be so f'd up by 2022 that it could probably be anybody in 2024.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean by Pence's recent interviews? The only thing I saw was him furthering the "fraudulent election" lie - which should please Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [trirunnermaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hannity. All day long.

Ingraham as AG. Tucker in at State, because he dislikes foreigners maybe more than the other two.

Of course they will be allowed to keep their slots at Fox, and carry on with their shows at the same time. I mean, why not, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [trirunnermaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trirunnermaybe wrote:
What do you mean by Pence's recent interviews? The only thing I saw was him furthering the "fraudulent election" lie - which should please Trump.

You're right. I got that completely wrong. I had quickly read an article summarizing the op-ed, and completely misinterpreted it. Having now read the actual op-ed, it's clearly Pence trying to make googly-eyes with GOP voters after having attended the Biden inauguration.

Disappointing that the Heritage Foundation is kind of just bolstering this voter fraud stuff instead of staking a supposed position as a defender of law and rational thought. Bolstering in a very clever way....not directly making unverifiable claims, but using cleverly crafted Trump-adjacent language.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 3, 21 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Who would trumps running mate be in 2024? [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t think Hannity or Carlson would leave their money to be Vice President. If it isn’t going to be family, I think trump would auction off the seat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
I don’t think Hannity or Carlson would leave their money to be Vice President. If it isn’t going to be family, I think trump would auction off the seat.

What do you mean leave their money? It's more PR. They could still do their radio and TV gigs at the same time.

What could anyone do about it? Hatch Act? Impeach? Neither of those seemed to slow down the first Trump admin.
Quote Reply

Prev Next