Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Windy, beat ya to it: Canada's PM too big of a p**** to stand up to China, again
Quote | Reply
https://www.ctvnews.ca/...a-genocide-1.5319243

With leadership like this it is hard to be optimistic about our future with china on the global stage. At least Australia has some balls.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Windy, beat ya to it: Canada's PM too big of a p**** to stand up to China, again [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With leadership like this it is hard to be optimistic about our future with china on the global stage. At least Australia has some balls.

x2.

Not as exciting as a response about our Queen that Windy would provide but still.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey Windy, beat ya to it: Canada's PM too big of a p**** to stand up to China, again [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trudeau will do nothing that will risk the Liberal's chances in a Spring election... He's on a tear: language, drugs, guns, mandatory minimums, conditional sentencing... the "proposals" are coming fast and furious... infrastructure has to come next, how can we throw big money at Quebec and Ontario to win a few seats and form a majority...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The cabinet of this government is as gutless as a Trump twitter rant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll give this story 3 mehs out of 5.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Windy, beat ya to it: Canada's PM too big of a p**** to stand up to China, again [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

x2.

Not as exciting as a response about our Queen that Windy would provide but still.

x3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My outrage meter is peeked a bit more at the illegal detention of the two Michaels and the threat of state sponsored assasination by China....and the lack of action/progress by our government to protect and or defend it’s citizens.

Although a correct and reasonable stance I see this as political theatre on behalf of the conservatives, knowing that Trudeau and cabinet wouldn’t endorse this or play hardball with China until there is a resolution with these two hostages....like they just expressed fake outrage at having an unabashed racist in their party...

Having said that, two years is a long time...perhaps a different (hardball) approach is warranted.

On an international/collaborative effort I would like to see China kicked out of the WTO.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was pretty happy when I saw this hit the wire yesterday. But it probably gets no traction without the US Government saying the same thing, and this administration seems to be hell bent on rolling back every policy of the previous one. Whether it was good or bad. And a tough on China policy was a good policy.

ETA; Guess I didn't read this effectively. That's pretty weak of Trudeau, but good on the Canadian Parliament for standing up.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Feb 23, 21 7:31
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Windy, beat ya to it: Canada's PM too big of a p**** to stand up to China, again [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Was pretty happy when I saw this hit the wire yesterday. But it probably gets no traction without the US Government saying the same thing, and this administration seems to be hell bent on rolling back every policy of the previous one. Whether it was good or bad. And a tough on China policy was a good policy.

ETA; Guess I didn't read this effectively. That's pretty weak of Trudeau, but good on the Canadian Parliament for standing up.

In fairness, it is all theatre. If the conservative party was in power, they would most likely do the same thing. China really does have Canada by the balls.

The gesture is also completely symbolic and toothless. But, China is all about saving face so we will see how this lands. I suspect more Canadian "spys" will be illegally detained in China.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Windy, beat ya to it: Canada's PM too big of a p**** to stand up to China, again [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll give this story 3 mehs out of 5.

With Chinese Foreign Policy you are always damned if you do and damned if you don't - what ever you do, there will be almost an even split in your home country about what you are doing. I think the Chinese sense this and that's part of THEIR foreign policy strategy.

As for Trudeau and the Liberals - full disclosure, I am a long time Liberal voter. The Prime Minister seems to be on about a gaffe/month pace these days. None of these are super huge, but they are starting to add up and I'm starting to openly question his judgement. As for the Liberal Party itself. my sense aside from the PM's gaffes, if an election were held today (in normal times), I think they would win a majority.

Erin O'Toole has really done nothing to advance the Conservatives. They have no substantial policy - just jump up and down and yell loudly that "the Liberals and terrible" Jagmeet Singh and the NDP after, a not impressive result in the last election, had a real opportunity with the way the numbers were in the House of Commons to be the Voice of Reason. To sit down with the PM and the Liberals and negotiate and work together. But Jagmeet's own ego and this Swing for the Fences mentality of the NDP seem to have that they could form an Opposition Party or win and be the Gov't, is what is really holding tem back - neither is EVER happening.

I do lean a bit Green, but there new Leader does not even have a Seat in the House, and she just picked a ridiculously hard Riding to win a By-Election in to get elected to make some kind of statement. That's not great judgment! Just win ant seat and get in The House.

There are rumblings of a Spring Election but the PM would be crazy to call one with the Pandemic still essentially going full-bore!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply