Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favero Assioma auto-calibration
Quote | Reply
Hi, i just recieved the new update to my Favero Assioma Duo, described in this article: https://cyclingtips.com/...ssioma-power-pedals/

I have always zeroed/calibrated my pedals in the app when changing pedals between bikes, and will continue to do so as reccomended.

However, i usually calibrate the pedals on my Garmin unit before every ride. I guess that is what i don´t need to do anymore. But how does this auto-calibration work? I know the bike must be upright and still, and the pedals must be unclipped and still. But when does the auto-calibration happen? As soon as the pedals wake up?

Sounds like a great function, but it would be nice to know more how this works.
Would be great to have some input from you smart guys, especially those who have other auto-calibrating power-meters or know more specifics about the Assioma pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma auto-calibration [BenjiChr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Auto-zero is an interesting one to implement on pedal power meters for a few reasons. Ultimately this is one for Favero to answer. Without any published specifics of how they do it within their meter, it'll only be guesswork.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma auto-calibration [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I am allways sceptical about these auto-zero features of PMs, these are prone to errrors. Hence I didn't do the update on my Assiomas yet. Can this auto-calibration feature be turned off?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma auto-calibration [BergHugi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BergHugi wrote:
Can this auto-calibration feature be turned off?

No, but a manual zero will override any previous auto-zero.

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma auto-calibration [BenjiChr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
following, I also was wondering how this auto-calibration happens. I hope Favero come out with some extra info. To be fair to them, they have a quality product and anytime their customer service is really good. Maybe asking them would be the answer :D (thinking while typing)

Tridad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
BergHugi wrote:
Can this auto-calibration feature be turned off?

No, but a manual zero will override any previous auto-zero.

Wouldn't it just override the manual zero next time it auto-zeroes (which could be seconds after the manual zero)?

I still regret updating my Quarq DZero that changed the auto-zero to happen when not pedalling vs. when back-pedalling.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma auto-calibration [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Wouldn't it just override the manual zero next time it auto-zeroes (which could be seconds after the manual zero)?

A successful auto-zero will override the previous manual zero, yes. It won't be seconds after a manual zero. There's a lot of questions around how this works, as I expected. It's up to Favero to provide the details on exactly how it works.

Shane Miller - GPLama
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was the answer i got from Favero regarding my questions in the original post.

« Answering your question, I confirm that after the latest firmware update, I confirm you can start your ride without doing any particular operation before. Assioma will manage the calibration automatically without bothering you.
If you prefer, I confirm that you can always do also the manual zero offset calibration before the ride, anyhow, it is not necessary.

As additional information, it is necessary to do the calibration manually only after each new installation of the pedals and just one time after that installation.»
Quote Reply