Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New tri bike recomendation
Quote | Reply
 I think it’s time to retire my 14 years old Giant Trinity. I mainly do hall and full distance. I would like to know your opinion about Cervelo P3X and Specialized Shiv disc, how they handle, speed, easy travelling. Thank you for the replies.

Fabio Rodrigues Silva
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [frsilva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're not interested in having a massive water tank on the back of your bike, then cross the Specialized off your list.
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
If you're not interested in having a massive water tank on the back of your bike, then cross the Specialized off your list.

I actually like the new Shiv. Alas, my wallet does not.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought an S-works shiv- it's amazing. No regrets at all, and highly recommend.

There's lots of info and I did my review on the Shiv disc thread.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...IS_HERE_P6756503-31/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One great thing my bike fitter does in situations like this is comparing the frame sizes, angles, etc. to give you some advice about which bike might be a better choice for your anatomy. If you have access to someone who can give you advice based on your measurements/fit data like this, I'd recommend it. Been a huge help to me personally!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Shiv is a hideous monstrosity. That rear draft box...smh...
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all subjective really. I think it looks amazing
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [swissalps88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might be mistaken, but I think the fit you're talking about is the Retul fit? My coach recommended it but I ended up buying the new Scott Plasma 6 Premium before I did; the Scott has a wide range of adjustability and I have a great fit on it so now worries.

But if you're looking at a new bike completely, yes, I would definitely get a Retul fit for a manufacturer/brand recommendation.
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [shammad10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Different strokes for different folks.
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [treknv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you recommend a Retul fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a couple of threads covering this over the last few weeks. There are also several Official fit help threads on this board regarding QR, Cervelo and others that I can't remember off the top of my head. Probably worth scrolling through to find those various threads

Additionally if you're not 100% dialed in or happy with your fit, my recommendation would be get a fit first from someone who does a lot of tri fits, then buy the bike that fits your coordinates instead of trying to force the bike into a box it may not readily go

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on getting the fit first, then get the bike that fits you in the price range that also fits you. I had 5 bikes on my wish list before I bought my bike and had a good deal on one of them and almost pulled the trigger. Thank God I didn't do that. I found out when I went to the fitter that 3 of the 5 wouldn't fit me.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [treknv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treknv wrote:
I might be mistaken, but I think the fit you're talking about is the Retul fit? My coach recommended it but I ended up buying the new Scott Plasma 6 Premium before I did; the Scott has a wide range of adjustability and I have a great fit on it so now worries.

But if you're looking at a new bike completely, yes, I would definitely get a Retul fit for a manufacturer/brand recommendation.

I think that's a bit like saying 'definitely get your car serviced by a guy with Snap-On tools'.
I'd prefer the guy to know HOW to service my cat correctly, as much as whether his tools are Snap On, Britool, King Dick or what ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
handling on the Shiv -> you have a huge pendulum of a water tank strapped to the rear of the frame.

speed on the Shiv -> the front fork design requires air to be forced through two narrow channels. now think about how they tell you to have your fingers slightly apart while swimming because it increases the resistance/ surface area of your hand.

Feel the Speed
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
I'd prefer the guy to know HOW to service my cat correctly,

Ummm, OK..... ;-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [FtStri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your explanation on aerodynamics is not even close to how air and water are different from each other and how they act......

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Your explanation on aerodynamics is not even close to how air and water are different from each other and how they act......

Jeroen

I'm no physicist, but I was thinking the same thing ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
frsilva wrote:
I think it’s time to retire my 14 years old Giant Trinity. I mainly do hall and full distance. I would like to know your opinion about Cervelo P3X and Specialized Shiv disc, how they handle, speed, easy travelling. Thank you for the replies.

Fabio Rodrigues Silva

I just ordered a PRFour disc earlier this week. And while it hasn't arrived yet, and I'm unable to make any meaningful contribution whatsoever to your question, I just wanted to say I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED ABOUT IT!!!! Haha.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: New tri bike recomendation [FtStri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FtStri wrote:
handling on the Shiv -> you have a huge pendulum of a water tank strapped to the rear of the frame.

You're really overestimating how much this "pendulum" can move left and right in such a narrow tank. In comparison, it's far worse to have a half full BTA bottle which is higher up, in front of the steering axis, and gives the water more room to move left and right.
Quote Reply