Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They posted the 70.3 bike course on their page, it’s a 2 loop course so let’s hope for good roads.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Correct. Which I have no problem with. That's pretty much the only way to do it. My issue is them holding spots for athletes who can't fully commit to racing. Except for Daytona, this is the first Challenge race in the US with a purse for a few years I think. I could be wrong about that. Holding slots for foreign athletes who may not even be allowed to travel during a pandemic when there are US athletes fully able to commit is a bummer.
*eyeroll*

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, should be a great race.

Miami Beach mayor "very concerned" about potential spring break Covid-19 surge
From CNN's Adrienne Vogt
Miami Beach, Florida, Mayor Dan Gelber is bracing for a possible coronavirus spike if people who’ve been stuck in their homes for a year visit his city during spring break.
“We’re very concerned. You know, a lot of things are happening simultaneously. You have the variant down here, and we still are having sometimes dozens of deaths a day in our county,” Gelber said on CNN’s “New Day.”

“And at the same time, we’ve got incredibly cheap round-trip tickets for 40 bucks from anywhere in the Northeast down here, discounted rooms and people who have been really…pent up and wanting to get out with no other place to go than here. So we are very worried that there's going to be a convergence of people here and a real problem in the aftermath of that.”
While there is ample outdoor dining and hotels have been following guidelines, Gelber said that gatherings at bars “might become the kinds of super-spreaders that I think we saw a year ago.”
Gelber said Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has hampered his ability to give out fines, so police officers and ambassadors are handing out masks. The city is also enforcing a curfew and a noise ordinance.
“I would love to have the governor's voice urging people to be responsible, but we really don't have that right now,” he said.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sort of like how the Superbowl caused a huge surge?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Fkin Jan Frodeno is racing... Which flips me from being disappointed I'm still on the "waitlist", to devastated. Awesome regardless.

Frodena was denied entry to the US. Paperwork not in order.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paperwork? Surely this will be fixed, say it aint so. Can I get a $2 refund lol....Strange times get even stranger
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [smallhips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smallhips wrote:
Paperwork? Surely this will be fixed, say it aint so. Can I get a $2 refund lol....Strange times get even stranger

His last instagram posts says he is still racing, maybe that was before these issues came up though. It's still 7 days away, you can get a new passport in a few days, so surely whatever the issue is, it could be solved in the next week!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it is partially to create a buzz and to get his opponents to let down their guard...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

Did it? Possible, I suppose, but I think spring break in Miami would be a much higher-risk situation. Very different numbers, demographic, and activities than the Super Bowl.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Did it? Possible, I suppose, but I think spring break in Miami would be a much higher-risk situation. Very different numbers, demographic, and activities than the Super Bowl.

I was being sarcastic. Despite all the criticism, the Superbowl had no effect.

https://www.baynews9.com/...owl-a-super-spreader
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope he can race. The article I read said he did not have the quaratine exemption paperwork. It wasn't a passport issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami should be a helluva race! [Craigfsl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ridden that road before? I would love to do a recon ride a couple days before but it looks like there's zero shoulder, so it could be sketchy. Are we aloud to ride on highway 1 (Dixie Highway)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. Yeah, I was skeptical about the Super Bowl being a huge issue. Spring break is a different story...I think that is a more legit concern.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next