Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chest strap heart rate monitors [JRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly I've got some persistent injuries that mean that I need the advanced features of the Run. Whilst I don't use the metrics too much when running, then the L:R balance is a pretty consistent lead indicator for me that I'm about to have a hamstring issue if I don't ease off or get some needling done.
Quote Reply
Re: Chest strap heart rate monitors [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
My Polar H10 has been awesome, and I'm not a Polar fan in general. Fits great, always "just works" and both picks up my heart rate and connects to whatever it's supposed to connect to. Even before I start to sweat a lot.

The only negative is the battery seems to only last a month or two vs. my old Garmin one where the battery would last a year or so.

Yes, I had the exact same problem with Polar - battery only lasting or 40-60hrs of excercise. Gets expensive when you are changing batteries every 3 weeks. Even worse they are not your standard, available everywhere battery like the 2032 - instead they use a 2025 battery which is quite hard to find sometimes (note, 2032 does fit and work OK, but Polar warn that you must use a 2025 or your warranty will be voided).

But the final deal breaker for me with Polar is their customer service/warranty.

My H10 died after approx 11 months use, so sent it to Polar expecting a swift replacement - they took 2 weeks to look at it, then told me I needed to pay €40 - no explanation of why I had to pay for repairs while it was still under warranty. So I refused, €40 to repair plus a strap that needed a battery every 3 weeks was a joke, so I told them to trash it responsibly and I would switch back to Garmin HRMs which last me 2 years minimum, plus they only need a battery every 4-6months, plus it is a standard 2032 battery available everywhere.

So CANNOT RECOMEND POLAR H10.
Last edited by: cgrubb: Oct 24, 22 4:12
Quote Reply
Re: Chest strap heart rate monitors [cgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised the Polar H10 unit battery does not last for you

I have been using same battery since 2/21/22 which I just checked & that is 347 hours of training with it.

The only thing I do is I removed/unsnap unit from belt after every use.
Quote Reply
Re: Chest strap heart rate monitors [flying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flying wrote:
I'm surprised the Polar H10 unit battery does not last for you

I have been using same battery since 2/21/22 which I just checked & that is 347 hours of training with it.

The only thing I do is I removed/unsnap unit from belt after every use.

Replying, since I was quoted in the last post.

I think I posted this already in the thread, but repeating anyway - I found the root cause of my rapid battery drain to likely be my own abuse of the device by having mistakenly put CR2032 batteries in, instead of CR2025. If you put one in, there's no obvious issue. The door snaps shut with no apparent bulging or extra force required. The device works just fine. But I'm reasonably certain it forever compromises the seal. And an insidious symptom of the corroding interior is very poor battery life, even as the HR reporting works just fine.

I'm somewhat surprised Polar replaced mine without even asking me, "Are you sure you're using the right battery?" or their team identifying the poor seal as a root cause. My warranty replacement also went bad before I realized what I was doing. By that time I'd moved on - not because of any issue with the H10 - but because my new Garmin watch was working wonderfully for HR accuracy in broadcast mode. So no more hassle with chest straps....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah have tons of hours on mine also and store it unattached from the strap in this 3D printed holder along with my 530.
Now my old TickrX on the other hand---that thing would eat batteries in 2 weeks. Even the brand new unit from Wahoo warranty would kill a battery.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

I think I posted this already in the thread, but repeating anyway - I found the root cause of my rapid battery drain to likely be my own abuse of the device by having mistakenly put CR2032 batteries in, instead of CR2025. If you put one in, there's no obvious issue. The door snaps shut with no apparent bulging or extra force required. The device works just fine. But I'm reasonably certain it forever compromises the seal. And an insidious symptom of the corroding interior is very poor battery life, even as the HR reporting works just fine.

Good to know! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Chest strap heart rate monitors [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:
Yeah have tons of hours on mine also and store it unattached from the strap in this 3D printed holder along with my 530.

That is a cool holder you made !
Quote Reply
Re: Chest strap heart rate monitors [flying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah its nice to have and can be printed a few different ways. I also have this one that I made for a friend that can be stuck to any wall with 3M

Quote Reply

Prev Next