Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Castelli San Remo 4.0 for triathlon?
Quote | Reply
My team (mostly cyclists) gets a really good discount with Castelli. Unfortunately, they are only offering us the aero race 2 piece kit, their more casual 2 piece kit, and the 4.0 speed suit.

Has anyone used the San Remo 4.0 for triathlon? It seems quite similar in design do their triathlon specific speed suit. What are your thoughts? Can a little vaseline make the San Remo work for racing?
Last edited by: emburgha: Jan 13, 21 8:03
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli San Remo 4.0 for triathlon? [emburgha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done this on many occasions with prior versions of the San Remo suits as I was in a similar boat. I will say that I undid the stitching in the chamois and removed the actual padding part of the chamois leaving only the chamois cover. I've done 3-4 70.3s like this and never had any issues and actually prefer it to most of Castelli's triathlon offerings. The sleeves in the San Remo suits fit me much better than the triathlon suits.
Quote Reply
Re: Castelli San Remo 4.0 for triathlon? [22kjackson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info -- did you have any issues with rubbing in the chest or shoulders? I've heard that the speed suits fit a little tight in the top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be worried about arm mobility during swimming. I have a San Remo tri suit and the shoulder area is extremely flexible, better than any other sleeved tri suit I've ever used. But the 4.0 isn't designed with swimming in mind, so you may want confirm that aspect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not have any issues with rubbing in the chest or shoulders. I do swim with the sleeves down and pull them up in transition, but I even do this with sleeved tri suits. My shoulder flexibility is so bad I need all the help I can get! In my experience the San Remo suits don't cause the same restriction or cause you to stand with a hunched over posture like the dedicated time trial specific skin suits such as the bodypaint suit cause.
Quote Reply