Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me find my USB Dongle
Quote | Reply
Hi, i installed a new version of Garmin Express yesterday. Today i tried to start up Zwift and my ANT is not working. I uninstalled Garmin Express completely but Zwift still does not see my ANT. I get the exclamation mark / triangle icon.

All of the forums say i should check to see if my PC still recognizes my ANT dongle....to check if it hasn't just died. Can someone find me where to look in Device Manager?

Thanks!
Last edited by: blueQuintana: Jan 10, 21 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: Help me find my USB Dongle [blueQuintana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The old ‘restart the computer’ may work as that happened to me last week.

No ANT+ anywhere even thought cord was there, and the cord has been working for 4+ years.

Restarted computer and all was well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine shows up under the Device Manager category "libusb-win32 devices"
Quote Reply
Re: Help me find my USB Dongle [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, it can help to -- with Device Manager up -- unplug the device itself and watch the screen change. Plug it back in and unplug it a few times until you narrow it down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was having issues with Zwift finding my ANT+ Dongle I found if I unplug the dongle then plug it back in before starting Zwift my PowerTap pairs up instantly.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As you've spotted Garmin Express conflicts with Zwift on a PC. And Garmin Express is a pain in that it doesn't close fully, but disappears into the tray of apps that run in the back ground. So you need to go to the little arrow in the bottom right, then right click on the garmin express and 'quit'. Even better change the defaults to not start on boot - so you actively need to start Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me find my USB Dongle [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... or right click on the Start bar, choose "Task Manager", and look for Garmin Express and kill it there. In my experience, sometimes killing it from the tray, doesn't actually kill it
Quote Reply
Re: Help me find my USB Dongle [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think the dongle is working any longer. Although my PC makes a noise when i insert the device in the USB slot, i don't see anything that looks like an ANT dongle in my USB list. I've ordered a new one from Amazon so we'll see if that helps.

FYI i completely uninstalled Garmin Express and so although i feel it was very odd that my problems started the day after i downloaded a Garmin express update, unless it somehow permanently killed my USB dongle, the timing is perhaps a coincidence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I had a similar issue.

The ant+ driver, which in my Device Manager was listed as "antusb2" was listed in the Device Manager but had the little yellow "!' and if you went to properties listed an error 28, which means "Driver not found".

This happened after I had uninstalled all my Garmin Connect software in an attempt to improve my Zwift connection.

Using the Device Manager to uninstall, update and/or reinstall did not help.

I ended up going to the web site for my Cycplust Ant+ Dongle and getting this link to obtain a driver:
http://www.thisisant.com/...ant_usb2_drivers.zip

I unzipped above file, and then went to "Device Manager" to update the driver, but using a local file.

This finally fixed things for me. I think the driver listed above is generic so it might very well work for you.
Quote Reply