Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mechanics Question: Force AXS Shifting Setup
Quote | Reply
Hello all mechanics and more experienced wrenches than myself. I come to you with my tail between my legs as this should be a simple setup, but alas I can't figure it out. Let me explain what my issue is.

On the big ring, I can't shift to the smallest 2 cogs.

On the small ring, I can shift to all cogs without any issues. It's when I switch to the big ring, that I can't get to the largest 2 cogs. Yes, this is a combination that I try to avoid, but I can see being on it for a few seconds before switching to the small ring. I set up synchro shifting on the AXS app hoping that would fix my issue, but I think it won't shift on the front derailleur until it's on the second largest cog. I'm not sure exactly when it should shift. I've temporarily removed the synchro/sequential shifting since that's basically a workaround.

Crankset: 46/33 Cassette: 10-33

The rear derailleur does move. However the chain gets "stuck" on the pulleys, at least that's what I think is happening. Here's my guess of possible issues:

- Chain too short?
- I messed with the B-screw to give more space. Was originally set up to 5mm space using the SRAM plastic tool

Any help is appreciated. Also for reference, I had zero issues when setting up my 11 speed SRAM Red Etap on my tri bike. And it's still shifting smoothly for the last say 18 months.

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics Question: Force AXS Shifting Setup [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AXS Setup Tips | SRAM Also remove and pair up your components again from the AXS App. One other note is if you are in the small ring it won't shift to the smallest in back.
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics Question: Force AXS Shifting Setup [Flanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that happens, no small small.

I don't follow why I'd need to unpair and repair from the app?

Yes I'll check out the tips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You said: "On the big ring, I can't shift to the smallest 2 cogs".

Is that correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics Question: Force AXS Shifting Setup [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is your lower limited screw on the rear derailleur set right?

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You also said: "It's when I switch to the big ring, that I can't get to the largest 2 cogs".

Is that correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Mechanics Question: Force AXS Shifting Setup [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I tried double checking my wording.
But large ring with largest 2 cogs. It goes to the third but won't shift down. Chain seems to get stuck.

To address Jeroen my lower limit screw I think is ok since I can shift to the largest 2 cogs on the small ring.
Quote Reply