Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

10 speed Zipp Disc Convert to 11 Speed
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have any experience with whether or not it is possible to convert a Zipp disc from 2008/2009 to 11 speed? After a decade off, I’m getting back into things and trying to figure out my upgrade path for some of the existing gear. The hub pre-dates 11 speed, so it is simply a 10 speed cassette and not compatible between the two. Is is possible to re-dish the wheel to convert to 11 speed? Shimano btw.
Quote Reply
Re: 10 speed Zipp Disc Convert to 11 Speed [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can live with an 11/34, this will fit with no modifications.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can put a campy freehub and run a campy cassette with Shimano drive train. That is what I am doing. Shimano ultegra di2.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Re: 10 speed Zipp Disc Convert to 11 Speed [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! 11-34 might not be ideal. Can you think of any other ways to alter in order to accommodate other cassettes? Although 11-34 could be pretty good to save all of that $$$...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my machine shop friends take 1.85mm out of the back of a cassette for friends and their Zipp wheels.

I don't remember which cassettes we used. I think it was an R8000, did it on a mill and not a lathe.

Forgot previous link:

https://www.jensonusa.com/...00-11-SPEED-Cassette
Last edited by: jaretj: Dec 13, 20 13:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the one-stop shop for what you need: https://www.lascoconcept.com/en/11s-cassette/
Quote Reply
Re: 10 speed Zipp Disc Convert to 11 Speed [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, simply remove 1.85mm off of the back of an Ultegra 11-speed cassette.
Quote Reply
Re: 10 speed Zipp Disc Convert to 11 Speed [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's way cheaper to buy a cassette and have a machine shop remove a little off the back.
Quote Reply
Re: 10 speed Zipp Disc Convert to 11 Speed [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
It's way cheaper to buy a cassette and have a machine shop remove a little off the back.

This is great. Probably saves me many thousands of dollars, because I’ll end up buying a bike with rim brakes and probably mechanical shifting, AND I won’t need a new disc!
Quote Reply