Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best/ most realiable smart Trainer in 2020 [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FaKaspar wrote:
beston wrote:

Thank you for the link, I end up reading all if it! Does this guy have a patron account. He went to some many details and test and analyses that feel like I should give him some money!

You can join up as a paid member. $10usd a year.

Must admit, I don't like that there isn't a 'reminder' email a few weeks before it renews, but otherwise it's a way to contribute / compensate for his work.
Quote Reply
Re: Best/ most realiable smart Trainer in 2020 [rsjrv99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rsjrv99 wrote:
Neo 2T absolutely. Electromagnetic flywheels are the next gen, and tacx fixed pretty much all of the prior issues that plagued neos with the new 2t. I have had one since April and its flawless, from max effort sprints to century rides. Erg mode is good, resistance changes feel great, the bit of rocking helps a ton, doesnt slip ever and its quiet as can be. Zero issues with it after 200+ hours of riding, couldnt be happier
This.
I've had mine about a year now and no issues whatsoever, unless I'm forgetting something....., no don't think so.
As above, no slip, great resistance at low rpm (steep slope simulation), good resistance transition IMO, quiet, feels very good to pedal and the slight rock is definitely advantageous for comfort.
I use mine almost exclusively with Zwift but I think you'd be as happy regardless of the platform.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will you be moving it around at all?

I personally have to move my setup every time I use it and I think the Wahoo Kickr core is great for that - I just grab it by the large disc with the pulley belt over it - it feels natural. The kickr is a dream to move around with that wonderful handle. Ha, I might be in the strange category of people that enjoy an easy-to-hold smart trainer.

I had to move the TACX once and it was so awkward to grab and/or hold. But maybe I was just doing it wrong.

Besides that, I have no issues from the wahoo. Its been rock solid. Just do a spin down to recalibrate if things get wonky.

Hustle City is a story-driven, cycling game that rewards fitness, creativity and nerves of steel. Apply to test the beta @ http://ridehustlecity.com

http://ridehustlecity.com
Instagram @ridehustlecity
Quote Reply
Re: Best/ most realiable smart Trainer in 2020 [marcuseveryday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair comment, the Tacx Neo could use a handle!
Thankfully mine can stay put so it's not an issue for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got a Kurt Kenetic road machine 2 for a good deal on fb market place, anyone have experience with that kind of trainer?
Quote Reply
Re: Best/ most realiable smart Trainer in 2020 [marcuseveryday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcuseveryday wrote:
Will you be moving it around at all?

I personally have to move my setup every time I use it and I think the Wahoo Kickr core is great for that - I just grab it by the large disc with the pulley belt over it - it feels natural. The kickr is a dream to move around with that wonderful handle. Ha, I might be in the strange category of people that enjoy an easy-to-hold smart trainer.

I had to move the TACX once and it was so awkward to grab and/or hold. But maybe I was just doing it wrong.

Count me in that category. About 2 years ago I tested a trainer from Xplova, which didn't have a handle. I hated having to move it around, adding a handle was one of the suggestions I had for the company (but they didn't do it). My Elite Direto X is much easier to move out of the way...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Best/ most realiable smart Trainer in 2020 [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
saris/cycleops hammer has been rock solid. not fancy but just works.

picked up mine from a slowtwitcher here, easy to calibrate.

lubed it recently and it’s even quieter now (wasn’t all that loud before, definitely not noticeable once i have the fans blasting)
Quote Reply

Prev Next